Eragon, the saga continues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trials

3 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Trials - Page 11 Empty Re: The Trials

Post  Mica Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Aethelwyne dropped her pretense. Her tears fell softly. "I will not lie to you. I don't want you to go but I know you must." She kissed him softly. Her hand trailed lightly down his arm until she wrapped her fingers within his on her thigh. She grasped him tightly, her fingers locking around his. “I will keep a part of you with me always.” She whispered softly in his ear. Her lips brushing against his skin. She pushed her face into his neck rubbing it softly against his long, dark hair. “I love the feel of your hair.”

Maya slept quietly within the large bed. The light of the moon filtered in through the window casting an eerie glow about the room. Her mind took her to the world between worlds and there she found her love. Something was not right. She felt it deeply. She ran in her dream. Ran toward where she felt him. He was trapped and she felt a sense of urgency. Her body began to toss as she tried to get to him but the further she ran, the further away he seemed.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne, holding her tightly to himself.
"I'm glad you like it," he whispered through a light chuckled. He kissed the top of her head as he whispered his love to her. "I will come back to you. I swear it. I will give you a new life after all this. You will grow old and wrinkled and gray, with children and grandchildren all around you. I swear to you in the Ancient Language, I will force you to die of old age."
Taran
Taran
Admin

https://pawns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:29 am

Aethelwyne looked into his eyes as she held his words close to her heart. “I dread that promise my love. I know I enjoy some of my elven bloods benefits of a longer life but I will grow old and wrinkled before you even start to slow.” She took a deep breath letting it out in a sigh. Her arms moved to encircle him. “I would lay with you forever love. There is nothing better than the feel of your arms holding this way.” She closed her eyes taking in the feel of him, committing everything to memory. She just found him once again and now, fates be damned, he would have to leave her again. She held to the vision of him back with Maeve and Taran after his journey. She knew he would return again but she wondered what he would find when he did. Time, she knew would move slowly in the world between worlds. Months could pass in their reality before Maeve and he returned. What would they return to? She kept her silence on the matter though she felt tense. “Aiden I love you.” she told him softly as she clung to him. She ran her foot up his leg, her hand stroking tenderly along his chest.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Ylma smiled at Kalri's plan. It was almost flawless. Vega returned to her side and was watching Kalri with great intensity, and it made her curious. She brushed her hand lightly over her head to calm her and looked back up at Kalri. "My Lady has made an excellent plan. I'm sure these heathens would be glad to have their god send them a sign. Their god is telling them that is time for war, and they must be ready to take the outside world," she smiled again, "A most cunning plan my Lady. Feed off the beliefs of others and use them to your advantage, very cunning indeed, and a trick your father loved to use. He has taught you well."
She turned to Mar and looked into his Shade eyes with her calm grey orbs. "I would be honored to fight alongside one that was a comrade in arms with my Dwyn, and thank you for your lesson Shade Mar. Humility is still one of my weakest points, as I am still learning that it's art," she smirked. "I will remember well what you and Morzan have said."
"Lady Kalri, I also have one more surprise that I would like to plan for the Riders, along with this. But it will take me some time. I do not have everything I need to prepare so I will need time to seek out the rest of my . . . ingredients," she smiled cruelly. "If I could carry this out on my own though, I would be most grateful to you. It is your father's wish that I do this." She bowed her head and walked back to her small band. "If all that needs to be said has been said, then I shall return to my camp and gather my followers so that we may be ready to march on this colony. I look forward to when we shall raise our swords together my Lady."
--------------------------------------
Maeve relished the feel of his lips moving across her hot body, the feel of his hands pulling her close, the feel of him moving deep inside of her. It was magical. She screamed out in pleasure again and again, never wanting it to stop. Bringing his lips up to meet hers, she kissed him passionately again, letting her moans escape into his mouth as she moved beneath him. Soon they would both reach their climax, and soon they would have to part. Thinking of that made her kiss him harder, with even more passion. "Taran, I will always love you," she managed to whisper, and then let out another cry of pleasure.
-------------------------------------
She blinked her eyes slowly, not wanting to wake for fear that it had all been a dream. Then she smiled, his arms were wrapped tightly around her, his smell enveloped her, filling her senses. They had finally been one. She gently adjusted herself so as not to wake him, and watched him sleep. Her eyes followed her fingers as she slowly traced them across his face. Her fingers ran through his white hair and she gently kissed the top of his head. There was no sound when her feet touched the floor as she got off their bed. She smiled their bed, our bed words that she had thought about, words that were finally a reality. A tear strolled down her cheek when she remembered that this would be the last time she would share a bed with him for a long time. Clothes felt rather strange now, she mused to herself. She liked the feel of him around her better. Oh well, she thought to herself, and continued dressing. She wore a deep blue tunic with a white undershirt. Her pants fit her loosely and were a deep brown. Her light leather boots fit her perfectly and moved with her foot as if she were barefoot. She hung the leather thong with Onni's scale around neck and sat down to braid her hair. When she was done she walked back to the bed and gazed at him asleep on their bed. He was beautiful. His long white hair spilled across his well toned body. He was strong, but he held her gently while they laid together. He was not rough on her, he was perfect. She came and sat on the bed and stroked her fingers across his skin. Tears flowed freely from her eyes as she gently caressed his face with her fingers. "I love you," she whispered to her sleeping Taran, "I love you."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Mar inclined his head to Ylma, though he still did not truly trust her. Something tingled in the back of his mind that he could not place. Mar waited until Ylma and her entourage were gone before turning to Kalri.
"Well, my love," he said. "I think it's time for bed." He took his swords from his back and wrapped himself in his blanket on his bedroll. He kept his back to the fire, his eyes looking out in the direction Ylma and her traitorous band had gone.

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne, a hand holding her thigh tightly as he pressed his lips to hers.
"I love you too, Aethe," he whispered, his breathing growing faster. He needed no words to express his intentions as he worked at taking her clothes off.

The feel of her skin against his was pure ecstasy as they loved each other. Sensations welled up inside him as he loved her, fully and completely.

He laid there, his body caked in sweat, with Aethelwyne in his arms.
"I love you," he said quietly, trailing his fingers across her moist skin. Slowly, he fell asleep with her in his arms. He could want nothing more than to hold her in his arms all night. He dreaded what he had to do in the morning.

An hour before the sun rose, Aiden woke. Aethelwyne still lay in his arms, her breathing steady. He smiled at seeing her bare body against his. It was a sight he would not soon forget. He slowly pulled himself from her and began to dress. His eyes stayed on her as he pulled on his dark brown trousers and shirt and light brown leather armor. He would miss her dearly, but he had to do this, he had to leave. Finished dressing, he buckled his sword to his hips and sat down beside her.
"Aethe?" he whispered, leaning close and kissing her cheek. "Good morning, my love."

Taran moaned in pure ecstasy as they love each other. He whispered his love for her again and again as they reached their climax.

He slept peacefully with Maeve in his arms, holding her close. The sweat from their loving still clung to his body as he woke to her touch and words. He smiled up at her, though the dread he felt in his heart was bringing tears to his eyes.
"Maeve," he whispered, sitting up. He held the sheets over his lap as he sat beside her, his chest bare. "I love you, too." He put an arm around her, holding her tightly to him as he cried silently. He did not know how he was going manage without her there, without the thought of seeing her in the morning. He pulled his arms from around her and held her shoulders straight so he could look into her eyes. "I love you. You can do this. You have to do this. I will wait here for you. I know you will return to me here."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Kalri smiled and tipped her head to Ylma as she listened then watched the group take their leave. Her eyes were dark and betrayed nothing as she watched the exchange with Mar. Kalri moved to where Mar lay, looking out in the direction of his gaze as she sat slowly behind him. She reached out, placing a hand lightly on his shoulder. “I don’t trust her either and my father’s plans are not necessarily my plans.” She took a deep breath letting it out slowly. “To tell you the truth I was just tracking Aethelwyne. She has much to atone for. Because of her, I thought I had lost you.” She sighed as she thought about the time they spent running after the squirmish with her father. Because of Aethelwyne and Aiden, she had been forced to fake her death and with Sabonth’s interference, she had almost lost him forever. “Things are going to get quite entertaining.”

Aethelwyne slept again more deeply wrapped in Aiden‘s embrace than she had in years. She opened her eyes, smiling so softly as she placed a tender kiss on his lips before speaking. “Good morning my beloved. Are you ready to go?” she asked as she moved to rise. “Let me dress and I’ll walk you to the maze to see you off.” She grinned at him mischievously as she wrinkled her nose at him. The next moment she was dressed in a long jade riding gown with brown leather breeches beneath them. “My illusions are strong as ever.” She moved a hand lightly over the gown almost able to feel the cloth. “Soon I will figure out how to make the clothes real and not merely strong glamour.” She sat waiting for him to lead them to the place of their parting.

Maya rose early. She washed in the basin on a nightstand and donned a fresh gown. Pulling her cloak over her shoulders and set out toward the maze. Her steps fell silently on the stone as she made her way through the castle. The torches shimmered in the halls casting shadows about her. Soon she was across the grounds and making her way threw the dew covered grass. The hedges stood pristine as she wound her way through. No sign of an earlier battle could be seen. Once in the center, she pushed back the detritus brought to rest here from the nearby forest that surrounded it. Beneath the debris was a large circle with strange runes symbolizing the watchtowers, the cardinal directions of a human compass. In the center was a spirit symbol. Here she sat, her cloak fanning out around her on the ground. The others would be here soon and she needed to center herself and prepare for the journey to the world between worlds. A silver glow began to emanate from her as she entered deeply into trance but very much aware of everything going on around her. She touched the life stream. That which connects all living things to one another. The glow grew and she waited, her power growing as she did.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Onni flew with Sapphira and a few of the other younger dragons just before the sun came up. It was a beautiful sight. As they landed back at the academy, Sapphira swept Onni aside from the others. Little one I’m afraid what I have to tell you will sadden you. I cannot allow you to accompany Maeve and the others to the gate between worlds. Maya has explained that dragons are the greatest enemies of the creatures that live in the void, and just your presence may be enough to pull them into our world. Edoc’Sil will stay with you, as will Adurthil. If you wish to say good-bye to Maeve you must do so now, she nuzzled her nose to his, I’m so sorry little one. I know how painful it is to be separated from your Rider. I wish there was something I could do for you. The time will seem long for you, but it won’t be as long for Maeve, so take comfort in the fact that for her, it will not be as long. Onni curled up against her leg, I only wish that I could be with her on that journey. Knowing that I won’t be able to protect her is what hurts the most. I know she is strong and wise, but there are things there that none of us, save Maya, have faced. He lifted his head as he felt his connection with Maeve grow stronger; she was hurting. He turned his head up to look into the blue dragon’s gem-like eyes. Go to her now little one. Make this time count. I suspect that when she gets back, you will be nearly as big as me. Tell her good-bye for me as well, there are other things that I must attend to, and I cannot be there to see her off either. I have grown fond of that red-haired elf of yours Onni. She is good for you. So saying she took flight once more and headed off to the other side of the castle.

Maeve stroked his face one last time before getting up. “Well my love I think we had best get down to meet the others,” she crossed the room and picked up her pack, “I don’t want to keep them waiting any longer than necessary.” She shouldered her pack and started for the door, “I will wait at the bottom of the stairs for you while you dress,” she said over her shoulder and she walked out of the room. She started walking down the stairs, and her pace steadily started to quicken. As she reached the bottom, she stopped at a nearby pillar, put her hands on it and slid to her knees. Tears fell freely from her eyes as she wrapped her arms tightly around the pillar.
A familiar presence touched her mind as she continued to cry. The warm touch of his nose on her cheek was comforting. Thank you my friend. I hope you know I will miss you as much as I will miss him. I know elf, I will miss you as well. But I will manage without you here. I understand that time will pass differently for us, once you leave this world, so it will seem much longer for me. He nuzzled her cheek again [/i]I cannot accompany you to the gate between worlds. The creatures that live there hate dragons with fierce passion. We do not want to risk any of them trying to escape to get at us while you are trying to get through. So this will be my last goodbye to you Maeve.[/i] The heat from his scales came through her shirt as she pulled him closer to her. Suddenly her chest felt like it was burning. As her hands moved towards her chest, Onni stopped her with a claw. That is my scale on your skin elf. You will always have a part of me with you, no matter where you are. The tears still in her eyes, she hugged him again. This place that now felt like home, she would be leaving it, and the two beings that she loved the most. These two made her complete; made her feel whole. I understand what you feel elf. Onni whispered across their bond. Keep yourself safe and come back to us so we can all be whole again. You will be missed. His belly rumbled as he chuckled Even that student of yours that seems so full of himself will miss you once he finds that Taran and Aethelwyne will be his new teachers. The pair shared a long laugh. Maeve patted the red dragon’s head and smiled, a warm feeling in her heart. Try not to let Taran damage them too much, breaking them of stubbornness is half the fun, and I’m not through with that one just yet. He’s lucky he gets a break. Dragon and Rider continued to sit at the foot of the stairs, sharing stories and laughing.
The sun was just starting to peek over the mountains, and the birds were singing. Two cardinals flew over the castle, flying as if they were dancing, dancing as if they were one. They were kindred spirits.

Ylma fell in with her band as they took their leave of the others. “My lady,” Vega hissed once they were out of earshot.
“Continue.”
“I do not think they trust you. Mar especially. Will this benefit your plans any? How will you be able to accomplish your master’s goals if we do not have their aid?”
“We have their aid Vega. And as for their trust, I do not care if they trust me or not. It matters not unless they decide we are too much of a threat.
We will have the hearts we need to bring more of your brethren through the gate, and then we will have our army. As for my other plan, it is not imperative that we have their help. I can complete the ceremony well enough on my own. I just need to find a dragon and Rider.
“We will capture the dragon first. The bond they have with their Rider is a strong one. If they feel like it will save the life of their Rider, they will do anything you ask of them. They will even die to protect their Rider.”
“So they are creatures of great honor then,” the werewolf commented.
“Indeed they are. Even the wild dragons of old had a sense of honor; the bond they share with a Rider enhances it.
“We will use it to our advantage.”

The others nodded their heads in understanding.

“Ylma forgive for a moment, but I must go off on my own. The moon is falling and my change will come soon. It is time for my human cycle and I wish to be covered when that change occurs again.”
“Understood my friend,” she stroked his chest and bade him farewell. She watched him as he ran off into the forest. That one, he was the only one she really trusted; she almost considered him a friend. Quick movements by her feet made her turn her head sharply.
Grothri recoiled when Ylma quickly turned to him. “What is it, worm,” she asked coldly.
“I smell dragons mistress,” his eyes darted around quickly, “and not the ones we were just with mistress. They have a different smell to them.” Ylma sighed. This was one of the few reasons she tolerated Grothri. His sense of smell was astounding, so he made an excellent tracker. “Where are they, worm? We are above the academy, so no doubt that’s where you will be smelling them from . . . “
“No mistress,” he recoiled again from the look she shot him for interrupting, “No mistress. There were a few dragons flying around. They weren’t too big though, all bout one are still younglings.”
“The older one would be Sapphira. She must be teaching a few of the younger ones. Watch your movements everyone, now is not the time to reveal ourselves.
Grothri, keep track of their scent, I don’t feel like fighting off a dragon today.”
The group ran quietly through the forest, Ylma with a poisoned arrow strung on her bow. “Our friend is close mistress,” Grothri whispered as they ran. Ylma nodded and looked to the sky; the moon was gone and light was just beginning to peek out over the horizon.
The forest had a strange dark beauty to it. The branches on the trees were gnarled and twisted, the leaves hanging down low, brushing their faces as they ran. Grothri started sniffing around one of the trees. Two cardinals suddenly burst from the branches at the approach of the red demon. Grothri grinned evilly and snatched the male bird from its mate. “Hello breakfast,” he snarled and closed his sharp teeth around the red body.
The mournful cries of the female cardinal echoed through the forest.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Taran waited a moment in their room after Maeve left. His thoughts were grim and unfriendly, though he could not push them away. Images of her death crept into him, bringing tears to his eyes. With a frown and shake of his head, he forced such foolish thoughts from his mind. Adurthil touched his thoughts briefly, offering his strength and love. Taran took comfort in that, knowing that Adurthil was still with him. He may not talk to his little dragon as much as the others spoke to theirs, but their bond was nonetheless strong.

With a grunt of effort, Taran pulled on his leather armor and other articles of clothing. Moving quickly now, with trained hands, he buckled his sword to his hip and laced his boots. Standing tall, tears fading from his eyes, Taran left their room. The stairs were dark and empty as he slowly descended the stone steps, heading towards an end he could never have imagined in any nightmare.

Outside, the light of day was slowly trying to win dominance over the veil of night that still clung tightly to the world. In the back of his mind, Taran wondered what the World between Worlds would look like at dawn and dusk. He guessed he would never know. Unless Maeve and the others returned to tell him. Sitting on the ground near a pillar, Taran saw Maeve and Onni chatting about something he could only guess at, since it was all in their minds.
"Ready, Maeve?" Taran asked, keeping his voice cordial. His emotions were running rampant, and he did not want to let slip the turmoil he was truly feeling. "The sun will be up soon. Maya said we should be there and ready by the time it's fully up. So we'd better get moving." With a nod of his head to Onni, Taran held his hand down to Maeve with a smile and a wink. "C'mon lazy."

Once they were on the move, Taran held Maeve's hand tightly in his own to keep his fingers from trembling. For reasons he could not explain, strong feelings of dread welled up inside him at the very thought of Maeve traveling to this strange world. In the distance, the ruins that were their destination came into view. Taran's heart sank at the sight.

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne as he pulled on his clothes, strapping his sword across his back for ease of traveling. He was not anticipating any confrontation just yet. Once they were in the other world, however, he expected there to be a lot.
"Well, I sure do hope you can hold that glamour up, then," he told her as he stood. "Otherwise someone other than me might get a little show. And then I'd have to hurt them, and I wouldn't want to do that." Aiden winked at Aethelwyne, then slide an arm around her waist and pulled her close. "I love you," he whispered into the cold morning air, his breath billowing up in a white cloud of hot air. He stared into her deep eyes for a moment, committing to memory every aspect of her form, her smell, her touch.

As they descended the dark stairs, Aiden kept a soft grip of Aethelwyne's hand, not wanting to be apart from her yet. He wanted to feel her skin, her touch, for as long as he could, because he knew that in just a short while he would not feel it anymore for a long while, or maybe never again. That particular thought drove him forward. This was what he was meant to do, and he would do it. Aethelwyne would be his inspiration to make it back in one piece. She could not enjoy his company were he missing parts.

The morning air was cool, the soft breeze biting at his exposed skin. It seemed unnaturally cold for that time of year, but he supposed it was just his nerves playing havoc with him. He looked over at Aethelwyne walking beside him, her beautiful form floating effortlessly across the ground as if she were not even on the ground.
"I'll miss you," he said to her as they walked, now reaching the fringes of the training fields. "But I'll come back. And maybe we'll have a child by then." He winked at her with a smile, the leaned over to kiss her cheek. "I know you've already done this, but please wait for me. I will be back. It might be a very long time for you, but only a short stint of passing moments for me. When I return, because I will, I will take you in my arms and hold you for centuries without letting go."

Mar chuckled at Kalri's words, shaking his head softly.
"Yes, I know," he said, rolling to face her. "Aethelwyne did much to us. But, don't lay everything solely on her shoulders, my love. Your little dragon there didn't help with the matter. Nor did your father. Or Aethelwyne's pet, Aiden. I wouldn't be surprised if even Ylma has some role to play. Don't lay your anger on one person, Kalri. Doing that would rid yourself of more pleasure. Just think, what would you do once Aethelwyne is dead, or punished, and you had no one else to hunt after? It would be a rather boring life, I think. So, cast blame on a slough of characters, that way you'll always be entertained. Now, I'm getting some sleep." Mar closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

Morning came the with flutter of giant wings as Harp took to the sky to hunt for his morning meal. Mar sat up, stretching his arms and legs, as he let out a long yawn.
"Good morning, Kalri," he said, standing and strapping his swords across his back, hilts down. With a deep breath, he looked around at the world. "Ah, looks to be a very promising day," he said as he let out the breath. It was less than an hour before sunrise and many shadows still clung to their victims. "Wow. I actually got to sleep in today." He chuckled and retrieved his pack from near the smoldering remains of their fire. Taking out a folded cloth, Mar's eyes brightened. After the cloth was unfolded, and the dried meats taken out, Mar tossed the fabric onto the charcoal, where it immediately burst into dazzling flames. "Time for food."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Aethelwyne smiled as he spoke of her glamour. “That has never been something that worried me love. It is just skin but I know your feelings on the matter and as such, I will save this sight for your eyes alone.” She smiled as he drew her close walking toward where Maya awaited.

She felt the cool air brush around her glamour causing her to shiver slightly within his arms. At least it was the cool morning air that she would blame. “You know I would wait for you forever Aiden.” She told him with a smile forming at the thought of a child blessing their love for each other. “Perhaps there will be a child if the gods will it so.” She turned to face him as they reached the edge of the maze. “I will be with you always my love. Nothing can keep me from you. Nothing.” She moved against him, wrapping her arms around his waist. “I will watch the gateway every day until you return.” Her eyes held his lovingly as she pressed her lips to his. The heat from his body warmed her and his kiss ended all to soon. She turned from him, feeling Maya close and waiting. “We better go.” She whispered in a soft voice.

Maya felt the others approaching. Opening her eyes, she rose slowly though she didn’t move from the Spirit Seal. Her aura continued to glow from the life stream but now it took on a prismatic glean. “Come my friends. The time approaches. We must go now.” She lowered her eyes and began to speak in song. Her voice floated on the morning air and the circle began to glow. The power hung heavily about them as she continued to speak in song. A shimmering orb appeared before her growing in size until it was large enough for them to pass through. She raised her eyes to look through the gateway. Her love lie somewhere on the other side. Beyond the gateway, the world-between-worlds shone. The landscape looked the same but the light seemed more intense. In fact, the scene was like looking into a mirror. A parallel world awaited different but yet the same. Maya turned to them as the song of her voice ceased. She nodded her head and stepped through. Once on the other side, she looked back through to see the others as they said they’re final goodbyes.

Kalri stayed near Mar as he settled to sleep. She listened quietly to him as he spoke and then watched as he drifted off to sleep. “You are right my love.” she whispered as she leaned back against a rock. Slowly she let sleep take her.

That voice. Was it real or was it Legion tormenting her yet again. She opened her eyes and the sight brought back the realization that Mar had once again found her. “Good morning to you. Why is it that food is always the first thing on your mind in the morning? Some things never change.” She chuckled softly as she rose, stretching as the vertebrae cracked in unison. “I think perhaps it will be a promising day. Too bad…” she stopped suddenly as she felt a change in the air about them. “Someone has opened the gateway between worlds.” Her voice trailed off as she began to walk slowly toward the academy. “This is not good. Not good at all.” Legion stirred within her, their anger rising. They spoke in the voices of many.

“This is not good by any means. We must stop them from going through.” They turned toward Mar, the eyes of Kalri shone with flames as Legion stared back at him.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Maeve looked at the portal that lay before them. This is what would separate her from all that she loved. She gave Taran's hand a final squeeze and turned to him. "Good-bye my love," she whispered as she stroked his face. They stood silently together for what seemed an eternity before she finally reached up and gave him one last kiss. "Good-bye."
She turned and walked to where Maya was standing, tears in her eyes.

Vega's ears twitched as she heard the approaching footsteps.
"Good to see you again my friend," Ylma said quietly.
"Likewise," answered the tall man. He had long black hair and startling green eyes. His skin was dark, and he had a runner's build. His nails were long, almost claw-like and his teeth were sharp. His voice was deep and rough, and had a sense of authority to it.
He had a simple piece of black cloth tied around his waist, not having any other clothes to hide himself after the transformation.
"The moon does strange things to us all my friend, but is nice to see you in human form once more, I may need your services later on."
"Understood Ylma," he turned his head quickly. "Milady, there is a rift. The gate has been opened again, and it was not by one of ours."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am

Aiden nodded, fighting the tears in his eyes. He had a job to do, a task no other could accomplish.
"Alright, my love," he said, walking towards Maya and the others. He stood before Maya, tall and strong, ready to do what was needed. "I am ready, Maya. Tell me what I must do."

Taran stood woodenly, tears brimming his eyes, as he watched Maeve turn and walk away. A pain he had never felt before welled up inside his chest as she left. He could not understand the things she would see, nor be able to comfort her in ways she needed. Only those who go to the World between Worlds can know what it's like.
"Be safe, Maeve," he told her as she walked away. "I will be waiting for you."

Mar nodded with a sigh.
"I guess you're right," he said, scratching his head. "I guess we'd better go find out what's going on."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Maya watched from the other side as Aiden walked toward her. “Just step through Aiden. That’s all you have to do.” She turned from him, heading away from the gateway.

Kalri leapt to her feet, summoning Sabonth as she did so. The black dragon swooped down from his perch above catching Kalri as she jumped over the edge of the cliff to land squarely on his back. They flew toward the disturbance and a smile spread faintly across her lips. She gathered her hands above her head summoning the black tendrils of magic from deep within her. Her eyes flashed with Legion’s fires as she gathered the swirling mass into a ball of black flame. Sabonth swept lower as Kalri let loose with her vengeance sending the blast toward the gateway to the World Between Worlds.

Aethelwyne turned to see a large black dragon angling down on them. She stepped in front of Aiden as Kalri’s attack bore down on them, pushing him sharply through the gateway.

“Be safe my love.” With that she raised a shield before the gateway as her eyes filled with rage. The magic hit her with such force that she cried out as she fought to hold the shield in place until the gateway closed.

“You have grown much stronger cousin. Too bad you have not gotten any wiser.” she said as she fell to the ground beneath the weight of the attack. She fought to hold back the magic threatening to consume her.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:50 am

Onni turned at the sudden commotion from above, and balked at the sight of the black dragon. It was Sabonth, the one who had caught him only days ago, threatening to kill all of the Riders, and feast on Maeve's flesh. He leapt into the sky, roaring with rage, and unleashed a jet of fire at the black dragon. You shall not kill anyone this day fiend! He screamed with his mind. His only thought was to keep Taran and Maeve safe. If Taran were injured or killed, it would destroy Maeve, and thus destroy himself. This was how he would protect Maeve while she was in that strange world of demons.

He flew up behind Sabonth and then flew directly under him, raking his claws against the big dragon's underbelly. He knew it wouldn't harm him much, but it would be enough to draw his attention away from the others for the time being.

Ylma started as all of her companions suddenly turned towards the direction they had come. "What is it? What's happened?"
"The gate hasss been opened by one of our own milady," answered Vega.
The other two nodded in agreement.
"Then we must move quickly. Kalri would have sensed it already and I'm sure she has already moved to remedy the situation. Vega and Grothri, I want you to get down to Kalri as soon as possible, and give her whatever aid she needs," she turned to the werewolf and said, "Yo my friend shall accompany me back to our camp, where we shall get the others ready for battle. Cleisthenes must be bored stiff. Let us relieve him of babysitting my comrades."

Vega and Grothri ran into the woods from whence the came as Ylma had ordered, while Ylma and the werewolf ran in the other direction towards their campsite.

Once they arrived Ylma found that many of her group ahd already donned their battle gear and were scurrying around making final preparations. "I had almost forgotten that you could all link minds once close enough, remind me never to forget that little detail again my friend," she said as Cleisthenes approached them carrying his great battle hammer.
The werewolf chuckled at her remark, "I will not let you forget Ylma, for it is dangerous to you if forgotten."
Next to Cleisthenes stood a small brown-haired woman with slightly pointed ears. She grinned at Ylma and knelt to the floor.
Ylma motioned for her to stand and report.
"Sarka Achan, I bring news from the castle. As you have obviously realized, the gate has been opened by someone other than yourself. I do not know who it is that has opened the gate, but I have seen her. She is clothed in white and shines like the full moon."
Cleisthenes and the werewolf stiffened a little when they heard this news, and Ylma glanced at them, reminding herself to ask them about this later. "Please continue my dear," she said.
"Yes milady. This morning Eragon and Sapphira accompanied by this same woman, four others and three dragons left the castle at the break of dawn. I slipped silently along the edge of the woods to watch them and saw that two of the others were to accompany the lady in white on some adventure. One was a red-haired elf that goes by the name of Maeve, her dragon was also there but he would not be going with her. Aiden is the name of the other that will join them on the journey. Both are teachers here at the academy. I thought you might like the news about the dragon though milady,"
Ylma nodded for her to continue.
"Rumor has spread amongst the dragons, that he may be the son of Thorn, and that he has been born for power. He is now without a Rider and seems to be perfectly suited for what your intentions."
"Indeed it would seem that way. If we are successful today, we may have him by nightfall. For now we move to aid Lady Kalri, the daughter of our Lord, Gallabatroix.
"You have done well today," she said to the woman, "return to the castle now and provide whatever aide the Riders need. You must not be found out." The spy nodded and hurried off through the forest.

Ylma turned to the two beings beside her and said, "Now tell me, who is this Lady in White?"
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Taran quickly drew his sword, the bright metal shining in the morning light. Bright rays from the sun glinted off the polished steel as Taran moved, cutting through the air as if he were the air itself. In the blink of an eye, Taran had covered the distance between himself and the newcomers.
"Leave this place," he said calmly as he stood in a protective stance. "We have no quarrel with you. But if you wish it, we will make one." His mind was bogged down with thoughts of Maeve, of seeing her leave him for some unknown world. The terror of that moment raced through him, causing his eyes to bulge and his muscles to shake slightly.

Adurthil roared as best he could, considering his size and age. Joining Onni, he stood his ground, protecting those he held dear to his heart.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Sabonth let out a mighty roar as the small dragon launched his attack. ‘He does have the bravery of his father.’ He thought as he banked sharply, whipping his tail towards the little dragon.

Kalri hissed as Aethelwyne spoke. “Vile beast!” She turned her attention to the man standing near with sword drawn. He was the inverse of the man she despised with every ounce of her being. “I know you,” she spat with contempt. Her eyes flashed with crimson flame as the magic weaved around her again. The black dragon struck out now at both younger dragons as Kalri sighted in on the two standing before her. “Oh but We have a quarrel with you!” she said as laughter of many issued forth from her. She let the magic loose once again.

Edoc’sil swooped down from high above, flame flowing as his roar shook the very air around them. Claws outstretched, he reached out toward the black dragon with all of his might and fury. He hit Sabonth full on, jarring Kalri from his back as she loosed the magic toward Aethelwyne and Taran. The impact sent her from the back of the black dragon falling through the air.
Aethelwyne screamed warning to Taran as she saw the change within Kalri’s eyes. “Legion!” She dove, rolling out and up to her feet, her eyes on Kalri as Doc attacked. She gathered her hands before her, building the energy from within her before casting it toward the falling woman.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Vega ran to the edge of the cliff, wings outstretched, and dove for the big dragon that was attacking Sabonth. Grothri wormed his way down the side of the cliff, headed towards the one that had defeated him before. Taran.
Vega landed squarely on the big dragon's back and raked his back with her claws, ripping at the scaled hide. Her eyes glowed as she attacked, the thrill of battle and smell of blood enticing her. A mighty roar echoed off the cliff-face as she continued her assault on the dragon.

Grothri continued to slither ever closer to Taran, using the commotion as his cover.
------------------------------------

The werewolf and Cleisthenes exchanged glances before they answered Ylma.
"She is the goddess of our world milady," answered the minotaur, "She and the horned god are our gods."
Closing her eyes Ylma nodded and turned her back on them, "Then why, my friends, do you stay here in this world and go against their will? Why do you stay with me?"
"Milady, their word is not our law. We do as we please, and there are other demi-powers that nest within our world. The one that sends us to join you is one of these powers. More powerful than any of us, but not as strong as our god and goddess. These other demi-powers have their own agendas, and like to use us as they will," the minotaur bowed his head and the werewolf continued,
"Yes they like to pick which of us to use for their games, but we carry out these 'missions' as we want. I will always give my full effort to anything that is asked of me, or forced upon me. You have no need to fear us Ylma," he put his hand on her shoulder, "you only need fear our true masters. If they order us to abandon you, we may leave. You must continue to satisfy them, that is all."
"I do not fear your masters or your gods. The only person I shall ever fear is my own master, and you should fear him as well my friends."
She did not turn around to acknowledge them, but continued walking towards her tent and left them to finish the mustering of their troops. The knowledge of the higher powers of their world was slightly disturbing, and, obviously, would throw a wrench into her plans.
"I need a dragon," she whispered softly.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 am

Taran jumped out of the way, wary of his surroundings. One wrong placement of his foot and he could go tumbling down the road or over a rock. In this fight, he did not fancy taking a nice long roll down the lane.
"What quarrel could you possibly have with me?" Taran shouted, regaining his balance and preparing to move again should the need arise. He felt the hair on the back of his neck prickling up and standing on end. He saw the creature stalking him from the bushes, though he was still too far away to attack it and not leave himself vulnerable to a counter-attack.
Calming his mind and breathing, Taran readied himself for a fight that he knew could claim his life.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Doc let out a bellow as the she-beast landed on his back ripping at flesh with its claws. Breaking off his attack he plummeted quickly toward the ground rolling and spinning in his descent. At the last minute he pulled up flying low, gliding actually threw the loose limbs of the trees in the surrounding forest. If he couldn’t shake the creature then he had no choice but to roll and crash into the forest floor as a last ditch effort to neutralize the threat.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Sabonth felt his rider loosed from his back and roared in panic. With a swipe of his tail to clear the way he lunged after Kalri catching her within his claws just as a ball of energy blasted into his side. The force of the impact knocked him off course and sent him spinning out of control. Unable to do anything else the black dragon cradled Kalri to him wrapping his huge wings around her protectively before hitting the ground. The impact sent him careening into the nearby forest flattening trees and sending dirt, bushes, and all else in his path flying out in all directions. As the pair ground to a halt, the forest went silent around them. When the dust settled all that could be seen was the large, still form of Sabonth.

Aethelwyne let out a loud war cry as she saw her strike upon the black dragon clutching Kalri. Her eyes followed the descent until she lost them within the forest. She turned back toward the sky looking for Doc but he was nowhere to be seen. Reaching out she felt…nothing. He was cut off from her. Taking a deep breath and calming her mind, pushing down her fear, she reached out again. She couldn’t speak with him but she could feel him. Her body turned in appraisal of the fight. Taran was close by but something was stalking him. Aethelwyne could not see what is was but she withdrew her sword and started to circle wide around him. Perhaps she could come up on the blindside and rend him aid.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Taran watched the tumble of the two great dragons, then turned his attention to the creature closer at hand.
"Why don't you come out for a fair fight?" he shouted into the surrounding bushes and trees. Using his mind, he could feel Aethelwyne moving, circling possibly. He tracked her motion, keeping it in mind when the creature should bound out at him. He thought he recognized it as the one who was the first to attack him out of this group of malcontents. His blood pounded in his ears as he watched and readied himself. Soon, the creature would come for him. I beat it before, I can do it again, he thought, visibly relaxing and taking a breath.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Vega let out a cry as tree branches started hitting her, and she held on tight to the dragon as he spun and rolled, trying to shake her. She dug her claws in deep and clamped down hard onto his neck with her beak. I have to hold on or I'm dead, she realized.

A fair fight is what he wants eh? Grothri snickered, his tongue flicking in and out as he tasted the air. A fair fight indeed.
He suddenly burst out of the bushes before the female he smelled could finish her circle. He launched himself at the white-haired elf, his teeth bared and claws outstretched.

dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Taran was caught a little off-guard at the sudden attack. He had been expecting something, but not so quickly. Jumping to the side, he spun and brought up his sword. The shining blade slice across the creature's leg, doing little more than parting the fur. As he absorbed the impact, Taran rolled and came to his feet, sword at the ready.
"Not bad," he said, blowing his hair out of his face. "But you'll need to do better to kill me." He paced in a circle around the beast, keeping his senses open and his muscles loose. He would be better prepared next time.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum