Eragon, the saga continues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trials

3 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Trials - Page 10 Empty Re: The Trials

Post  dncrgurl Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Maeve suddenly felt the connection with Taran from across the field; he was in battle. She ran as fast as she could, Onni on her heels, hoping she could get to him in time if he needed her aid. When she could finally see him, he had already killed the red creature and was talking to a white w oman, who glowed like the full moon. She stopped short at the sight of her. The woman was beautiful, and had the bearing of a queen. A tight lump caught in her throat at the sight of her. Onni looked up, confused by her thoughts. “It’s nothing Onni don’t worry.”
You’re worried about that new woman aren’t you elf? She must be fair in your eyes indeed if you have the thoughts you have now. But your elf-mate will not betray you I do not think. If he does, he will have our combined wrath to deal with.
Thank you Onni, was all she could manage to say to him, for she was embarrassed at how she had jumped to conclusions. She slowly walked over to Taran and the strange woman, and watched as Doc joined them.
She walked until she was close enough to hear their conversation, but did not join them, instead she sat down and waited beside a tree. Onni climbed up into the tree and began to search for birds to look at. He was always excited when he found a new kind of bird; he called them brothers, for they flew like he did.
Maeve chuckled as she heard her friend scampering about in the large pine tree. The son of Thorn, that is quite the lineage you have there my little friend. You are full of surprises Onni, I’m sure Father would have been proud of us both, her thoughts wandered to her father and a single tear rolled down her cheek, shining in the moonlight.

Ylma eyed the glowing fire with anticipation. She could feel Kalri’s unique mind surrounding the area; she knew they were here. “And Mar is here,” she whispered to herself, “This shall be an interesting night indeed.” She grabbed hold of one of Grothri’s horns and pulled him forward. “Any wrong moves Grothri, and I will let these dragons chase you down. You have fallen out of my favor, and I believe a fair punishment would be to die in torment by one of your most hated foes. However you may still be of use to me. You will walk in first, then,” she turned to the werewolf, “you and Vega shall follow him and I will fall in behind. Now listen to me all of you. Kalri is no ordinary girl, she is also harboring a demon Legion within her.” The werewolf nodded his head in understanding. Kalri was even more dangerous then what Ylma had let on before. She continued, “Therefore, we must all be on our guard, it is very possible that we will meet Legion tonight and if that happens, be warned, for they are bloodthirsty and cruel, even more so than I,” she looked directly at Grothri, who trembled at the thought. “Do not attack unless you are attacked first by either Mar or Kalri. You are also ordered to leave the dragons alone unless otherwise ordered to. We need these people as our allies, not enemies.

“And one more thing,” she turned her back to the three of them, “Kalri is the daughter of my Master, this puts me in an odd position. I was one of the highest ranked members in my Master’s household, but Kalri is his daughter, and therefore has more standing than I. It may be that she will command me, and you will also have to obey her. Be prepared for that. She handles things much differently than I; she is more spontaneous and sometimes more foolhardy.”
“Milady,” Vega whispered, “wouldn’t killing her be easssier? Then you would have one lesssss obssstacle in your way,” Her piercing blue eyes fell upon Grothri and she advanced upon him, “any that hinder your progresssss should be removed,” her long beak clicked right in front of his face. There was no mistaking the menace in the gryphon’s eyes. The werewolf chuckled to himself, The females in this group are definitely a force to be reckoned with, I must remember never to cross them.
“No Vega, I must try to avoid killing Kalri. As I said before, she is my Master’s daughter. I would surely fall from his favor if I destroyed his only child and heir.
Let us meet our allies now, before they grow restless and come to search for us themselves. You would not like being found at the point of one of their blades.”

The small group advanced on the campsite and entered into the dim firelight. Grothri entered first, his wound still fresh, with blood still oozing from the empty socket. The werewolf and Vega came in close on his heels, the werewolf standing well above the heads of everyone else. Finally Ylma strode forward into the light. She wore a gown of pure black that clung to her athletic figure. Black leather covered her chest, and hung down in strips along her waist. Black leather gloves covered her arms, the knuckles lined with armored plates. Her long sword hung in it’s sheath on her hip, her bow on her back. The pouch of Frund’s ashes hung from her neck along with a dragon tooth tied on a leather band. Chernobog…..Dwyn, she thought quietly as she touched the tooth, This is for you.

She approached Kalri, ignoring Mar who stood by his giant dragon, Harp. “Lady Kalri,” she said inclining her head, “it is an honor to finally meet you at last. I have come to aid you in exacting punishment upon our enemies, and the enemies of your father.” She gestured to her entourage, “These that you see before you are just a small force of an army that I can summon to destroy the Riders. They bear a great hatred for the dragons, and will stop at nothing to see their enemies destroyed. They also answer to me and will only attack those dragons that I deign to be enemies. Your dragon and his,” she glanced at Mar, “Will be safe from an attack by my forces, unless I, or one of their own is attacked by one of yours.” Ylma’s grey eyes burned in the dim firelight. She could feel the power flowing from this woman before her. “And greetings to Legion as well. I would not dare to forget you. Your power is strong indeed, and I only hope that we will never be enemies, but will fight together to destroy those that would stand against us.” Ylma held her ground and waited for Kalri, not entirely sure what to expect from the strange woman.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Taran watched the exchange between Doc and this woman Maya, thrown back by the percussion. He rose to his feet with a frown, watching her.
"What was that?" he asked, brushing the dirt from himself. He saw Adurthil scurry away to go play with Onni, who had just arrived with Maeve. Watching Maya, he walked to stand beside where Maeve was sitting. "Thank you, Doc. That was just survival. As I'm sure you know, you learn a great many things when you are forced to fight for survival everyday." He turned to look at Maeve with a smile. "Hello, my love." He sent her his feelings as he looked at her, then looked back at Maya, wonder and caution in his mind. "You are more than some dignitary, Milady. Do you have a place to stay?"

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne, putting a hand on her shoulders.
"It's alright," he said, kissing her cheek. "You are not going to lose a friend again. He is fine. Don't be in a rush right now. Yes, it is sometimes needed to just rush in without thinking. But more often than not, you must use wisdom and knowledge and take your time before running in. I know Taran at least somewhat. And I know that he is an extremely capable fighter, in both magic and swordsmanship. He is safe. Doc is with him, and I'm sure Maeve is as well. He is fine." He took her hand in his and began to walk out of the castle, towards Taran.

Mar chuckled at Kalri, shaking his head.
"You are an amazing person, Kalri," he said, sending her images and emotions through their mental link of things he felt and wished for. "I still love you, demons and all." He winked at her and leaned back against Harp's massive leg as the envoy from this mysterious woman appeared. She ignored him, and spoke directly to Kalri. As he was ignored, he looked around at her "army." The red one obviously was in disfavor, and feeling the remnants of the fight near the academy, it was also obvious that this red one was defeated by one of the Riders. He chuckled inwardly. This 'Army' of hers may be from another world, Kalri, but they are not as strong as she believes them to be. Be cautious, he told Kalri through their mental link.
Taran
Taran
Admin

https://pawns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Maya smiled softly. Her very skin seemed to glow as the moon itself. “That was ancient magic greeting ancient magic Taran.” She followed him to sit next to a woman who was seated nearby beneath a large tree. She removed the white cloak from her shoulders draping it over her arm as she walked. Her ankle length white hair fanned out around her replacing the cloth cloak. It spilled around her like spun silk. Shimmers of color sparkled as the light caught the strands reflecting like a long, fluid prism. She inclined her head to the woman as she answered Taran’s question. “No I have not yet secured quarters for the night. It was more pertinent that I met with Eragon first.” She took in the female elf’s beauty. Her eyes drew her in as her smile widened at seeing the aura around the two. “You must be Maeve. Eragon did not do you justice in his description.” She held her palms upturned to Maeve as she gave her the honored greeting befitting a rider. “I am Maya and yes Taran, I am more than a visiting dignitary.”

Doc followed to where the group gathered. “Aethelwyne and Aiden are on their way.” He stood close to Maya, strangely uncharacteristic of the dragon. She could feel his breath move her hair as Doc seemed to stand guard over her watching for threat. She lifted a hand behind her to stroke a massive leg letting him no that she appreciated the thought. Her hair and skin began to reflect the colors of the dragon as he watched over her. Her eyes turned to watch the two smaller dragons playing near. “They are fine younglings.” She said as her eyes gazed out at them lovingly. A worry hid beneath those eyes as she watched the teal dragon and the red dragon playing merrily.

Aethelwyne gripped his hand tighter as they moved across the grounds and she saw the strange shimmering ahead of them. She could feel Taran, Maeve, the woman, and the dragons before she saw them. Her mind was still trying to make sense of the flashes that she had seen from Doc. She slowed as she saw Doc’s huge form looming protectively over the woman. “Aiden…”her hand squeezed his even more tightly, the other rising to her abdomen unconsciously. Her body tensed as her heart quickened. She felt something different in Doc now. Something about this woman unnerved her and nothing rocked her nerves to this degree. She trembled though her steps continued.

Kalri closed her eyes as she saw and felt what Mar was sending her through their mental link. She let his emotions wash over her, basking in the feel of them. Her eyes turned reluctantly from Mar to the woman approaching her. Kalri slightly inclined her head. “Lady of the Night. It has been long since I have seen you. Father used to speak highly of your particular..skills after meeting with you in the throne room. I regret that he never allowed me from the wards he placed behind the throne during your visits. So boring to sit there and watch the proceedings, listening to him handle affairs of the kingdom but never being allowed to come out and play until much later. The man you show indifference to is my life mate, Mar.” She glanced at the woman then at the creatures accompanying her. Her eyes flared red as Legion came to the forefront. “Lady of the Night, it is so long since we have seen others from or realm.” She smiled evilly, her eyes glowing as she looked upon those from her home. She turned her face to smile sinisterly at Mar before the red flared then it was Kalri looking at him once again. “I’m sure that even you and your minions would find Sabonth and Harp quite…different from the dragons of the riders.”

A great shadow crossed the face of the moon then landed with a menacing thump. His eyes turned on the group blood red and the red star on his forehead glistened as if painted in freshly spilled blood. “Are you so sure Lady of the Night that you know which dragons are enemy?” He arched his back as he crept menacingly around the group. He gave them a wide berth as he studied them closely. The star on his forehead began to glow softly as his lips curled at the edges and smoke rose in thin whisps from the corners of his mouth. A low growl issued from deep within his throat as he moved closer to Kalri completing his circle. Her voice sounded in his mind. ‘Never widdershins Sabonth. Never. Always start from the North.’ He brushed softly against her arm before moving back into the shadow of the cliff. Large red eyes glowed from the blackness of the shadow as he watched and waited.

Kalri smiled as she watched him. “Don’t mind him. He’s just…cautious.” She turned to Mar raising a brow as she looked upon him. “Would you like to come forward and meet my…allies?” She stopped turning to Ylma. “Wait…you already now each other from father’s court.” She moved back to sit on the large rock motioning with a sweep of her hand for the others to join.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Maeve smiled softly as Taran came to sit beside her under the tree. She put her head on his shoulder and watched as the glowing woman came closer. Her skin was radiant and her hair shimmered around her. This woman dims even the beauty of the stars, she thought to herself. Hearing her compliment her made Maeve blush slightly. “I am pleased to meet you Maya, and thank you. If you do not mind me being rude, what business do you have here? You are not a Rider, and as you have said, you are more than a visiting dignitary. There have been things happening here, and we must be sure of who are allies are.”
She watched Maya turn to their dragons and smiled with pride at her comment, but did not miss the worried look on her face. This woman knew something, and she feared what it was.
------------------------------------------
Onni stopped short when he saw Doc approaching with the strange white lady, causing Adurthil to ram into him. Onni went sprawling and skidded into Doc’s leg. He slowly got up and shook his head. Hello again my big friend! He thought cheerfully to Doc It’s been awhile since we’ve had any fun with you. Would you care to show us a few moves? Adurthil and Onni’s eyes were eager with anticipation.
Ylma smiled at the black dragon. “I shall not harm you or Harp, or any other dragons that you deign our friends Lady Kalri. And yes my Lady, I know Mar from your father’s court. My life-mate Dwyn and Mar both served together until Dwyn was killed during a mission,” she paused before turning to Mar.
“Forgive me Mar for treating you in such a way, but as is custom in our Master’s house, all attention must be on the person of highest standing unless otherwise directed. It is good to see you again though, and I am glad that you have been keeping our Lady safe. I do not doubt your abilities in that respect,” she smiled and added, “I am sure you take care of her very well. And I see now that you are even more than what you were when I last saw you. A Shade Rider you have become, very interesting. This was one thing our Master wanted desperately wanted to join his ranks. You are even deadlier than a normal Shade because of the added strength of your dragon.”
But there is one that he wants even more, one that has the full power of a dragon behind him, but will answer only to his master, she thought to herself.
“It is good to see you again Harp, your strength and power seems to have grown as much as Mar’s,” she touched his foreleg gently, “You remind me of my Chernobog,” she continued to stroke his leg as her eyes became distant for a few moments.
She came back to herself, and turned to face the group again.
“Lady Kalri, your father’s plans include the destruction of these new Riders, and he has given me instructions on how to help you to accomplish this goal,” she walked to the cliff and looked down at the lights of the city near the water.
“The city near the Academy must be destroyed. This is the only source of trade for the Riders, and its destruction will cause much grief for them. I also have other reasons why I need to take that city. For my army to grow, I need the hearts of humans or elves to complete the summoning spells.
“I do not fear an assault from the Riders for there are only two dragons big enough to carry a Rider with them: Sapphira and Edoc’sil. It will take many hours for the other Riders and dragons to reach the city, and by then we will have taken it and assembled a force that will overwhelm them. Once we infiltrate the city, I will find a defensible building in which to conduct the summoning rites while these here,” she gestured to the demons behind her, “protect me and my followers. We will continue to send out more and more to add to our force, and we will quickly overwhelm the poor excuse for a defense that the city has. They depend on the Riders for their protection, and few will attack the city because the Academy is so close. They do not have a real army,” she glared down on the city and turned her back to the others. “It will be almost too easy to take the city.”
Turning back to the group, she spoke to the dragons, “I am sure Edoc’sil and Saphirra will not be too much of a hassle for you two? If they come, you must be ready to kill them both, and their Riders.”
She waited for Kalri’s answer, hoping that her plan would please the Dark Princess. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed their help. She could not take an entire city with the small force that she had gathered around her. They could easily go in and abduct citizens without trouble, but the more kidnappings that happened, the more people would be on their guard. She laughed to herself, not that that would help them any. But it would be a nuisance if they were discovered. No, the easiest way would be to take the city with the assistance of Kalri, Mar and their dragons.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:54 am

Taran smiled as Maeve rested her head on his shoulder. He gently laid his arm around her, holding her tenderly against him.
"So, Maya," he said, looking up at the strange woman. "What can we do for you? I'm sure Eragon would have found you a place to stay, so why are you out here? It seems strange for one of your. . . talents, to be out here." He could not help but shake the feeling that this woman would either be their savior, or their destroyer.

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne as he slipped his arm around her to help steady her.
"It will be alright," he said, kissing her cheek. "You'll see, my love." He kept his fear and worries to himself as they continued to walk towards Taran and the others. He could see them all, sitting at the edge of a clearing, talking to each other. This new woman was strange, yet somehow familiar. He could not grasp the feeling he had in the back of his mind, something bordering fear and interest.

Mar sighed, shaking his head.
"You always were arrogant, weren't you Ylma?" he said, more as a statement than a question. "Highest standing, is it? Well, your master is not here, is he? I don't see him or sense him within a thousand leagues of this spot. A little common courtesy would indeed be nice, but I see even you are below such petty customs. Am I right?" Mar chuckled, leaning against Harp's massive leg. He gestured at her minions standing watch. "These are examples of what your grand army will be composed of, then? I am not surprised Taran was able to so easily dispatch one." He stood and leaned forward, the spirit of Morzan blending with his eyes. "I would not underestimate them, Ylma," he said with a deep, harsh voice, sounding so alien yet familiar. "I know for certain that Galbatorix would warn you in such a way if he could. If you charge in, believing you have the advantage because of sheer numbers, you will fail. Most of these young Riders may not have dragons large enough to fight, but the Riders themselves will pose more of a threat to you then you realize." The fury of Morzan's spirit left Mar's eyes as he leaned back against Harp. "That is a warning from Morzan, Galbatorix's second in command. I could take it to heart, Ylma. If indeed you have one."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Maya smiled as she continued to watch the dragons play. “I mean the riders no harm. If I did Doc would not be as he is now. See? He stands protectively over me though I am not rider.” She turned to look at him, her hand brushing softly against the smoothness of his scales. “There is much to discuss but time is short. It would be better for the others to hear so that we do not waste time repeating ourselves unnecessarily.” She turned to look at Taran and Maeve. “I felt the presence around you Taran. I was called here rather than seeking accomodation for the night. I am at-home here beneath the sky more so than in the stone of the castle. I will be fine.” She felt the weight of what was to come begin to weigh heavily on her. Taking a deep breath, she turned toward Aiden and Aethelwyne, the last of the group she awaited. “Greetings to you both.” Her head inclined as she watched them approach. She held fast on Aethelwyne for a moment as she watched the changes occurring slowly, almost imperceptibly in her aura. A faint smile formed on her lips as she saw the protective cast beginning to emerge.

Doc turned his head toward the little dragon. “Now is not the time little ones. Something…more…is happening. You would be wise to come join and listen closely. You’re life my depend on what happens this night.” He lowered his head down, touching Onni on top of his head and exhaled a puff of magic through his nostrils. “A gift for you my friend. When the time comes you will no what to do.” He raised his head catching Aethelwyne’s eyes as she approached. Something was different. Aiden was steadying her. He didn’t move from his position by Maya though.

Aethelwyne stopped abruptly as they came to the group. Doc was guarding the woman. Why? What would possess him to act so around a stranger. Something about the woman made Aethelwyne pause. “What are you?” she asked bluntly, ignoring the greeting. Her eyes narrowed as she felt her guard rise. “What have you done to Doc? What are the visions that I saw across our bond? I know you are not human.” She pulled from from Aiden and stalked closer to Maya. The silver bracelets glinted in the moonlight. Doc shifted, a low growl of warning issuing from him. Aethelwyne froze, her eyes turning to her dragon. “You threaten me Doc?” The large dragon moved closer to Maya, a huge foreleg moving between the two women. “Do not act rashly child.” he said in a low voice. Aethelwyne’s body tensed as her mind tried to wrap itself around what was happening. Doc was protecting the woman from…her!

Kalri watched the exchange between Mar and Ylma with amusement. She shivered slightly as she heard Morzan and saw him emerge within her beloved. She shook her head at Ylma as she spoke of Edoc’sil and Saphirra as if they were flys to be swatted. “You have no idea about those two dragons do you? Foolish Ylma. You do not know your enemies well. Mar is right. The threat is their riders. My cousin is not what she seems and the elf…Taran…he is not to be dismissed easily. His brother, though dragonless thanks to you, still poses more of a threat than you give him credit. I think you will find that things will not go as easily as you think.” She turned her attention back to Mar. Her mind touched him lightly. ‘Tread softly love. We do not need an enemy so early.’
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Maeve was curious as to how Maya could feel Taran's presence before even she could sense he was in danger. What was this woman? As Aethelwyne approached she seemed to voice Maeve's thoughts. "Is this everyone you are waiting for Maya? I for one am quite anxious to know what it is you have to tell us. What are we getting ourselves into? You have talked with Eragon; the four of us are in danger from assassins and who knows what else; strange creatures have begun to appear on the grounds; there is danger from Kalri and her dragon; and now you come to us. I fear Eragon needs us to do something that will potentially put our lives at risk, but it will be for the benefit of all. What is this quest that he wishes to send us on?" Maeve's eyes glowed with passion. Sitting by the tree in the cool air had helped her think about a few things. This woman came to them when everything started to turn downhill, and Eragon had sent for her. He would not bring this woman here just for a picnic; he was planning something. "Please Maya, I need to know these things," she glanced at Taran and then at Onni. There is much that I wish to protect she said quietly with her mind. Her eyes turned to the floor, unable to look at the beautiful woman any longer.
------------------------
Onni walked over to Maeve when he heard Doc's answer. Her emotions were all jumbled up again and he wondered what kept causing her distress. It seemed that she would start weeping but he didn't know why. She touched his mind and said softly I feel that there is going to be a division within our group my friend, and it will be a painful one, but necessary. Onni purred as Maeve reached down and stroked his head and scratched under his chin, but he was worried. There was sadness in her eyes, a small bit, but it was there. Maeve, I am here for you and so is Taran, do not be afraid to ever voice your fears to us, we will help in any way that we can. He loves you, and I love you. No matter what happens in the next few days, you have us to stand by you. Even if there is a division, Taran and I will help you. He sat next to her feet, his head almost to her waist now, and listened to what Maya had to say.
-----------------------
Ylma, tried to hide her anger when Mar spoke to her. It was all she could do to hold back her magic. And then Morzan came through. She bowed her head in humility and used the time to try and regain her control. The werewolf, her constant companion, came forward and put an extended claw on her shoulder. "Remember your place Ylma. You yourself have told us that the woman Kalri has more standing than you do, and you have ordered me to not let you harm her. Harming this man would in turn harm Kalri, since he her life-mate. I would not want you to do something rash," he whispered in her ear. He stood up at his full height, and kept his claw on her shoulder.
She turned back to Kalri and knelt in front of her, "Forgive me my lady. What will you have me do? I still feel we should attack the city, but since you do not approve of my method I will look to you for direction. I will serve you as I served your father," she touched her forehead to the ground in front of Kalri's feet in respect.
Vega's eyes glowed with wrath as she heard what their two "allies" had said to her mistress. Not only did they reject her plan, but they did not do it kindly. The only thing holding her back was Ylma's direct orders to not harm these people or dragons. Her eyes fell upon Mar, he was the one to which most of her hatred fell. Not only had he insulted Ylma, but had in turn insulted and underestimated the power of her own kin. He based his assumptions on Grothri, which was cause enough to infuriate any of her fellows. Grothri was one of the weakest among them. He disobeyed orders and went on his own to make it appear that he was strong and could handle himself, but obviously it only made his standing worse. What could Mar possibly know about the strength of her people? Not even Ylma could imagine the power that still awaited her in the World Between Worlds. The strongest among them had not even been called forth yet. This man must pay for his insolence, and I will be the one to see he gets what he deserves. She walked forward and stood face to face with Mar, her blue eyes piercing and full of hate. "Do not take us so lightly Shade Mar. You only see that the weakest of us can be defeated by a single Rider. That vermin there," she shot a death glare to Grothri, "is nothing compared to the rest of us."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Taran kept his questions to himself as he watched the rest of the group emerge from the shadows. He closed his eyes, centering his mind and thoughts. At last, he opened his eyes and looked directly at Maya.
"Speak, Maya," he said levelly. "We will hear what you have to say." He then directed his gaze to Aethelwyne, giving her a soft and understanding smile. "We will hear it all."

Aiden's eyes fixed on Maya, unable to look away. He felt Aethelwyne stride forward, but he did not try to restrain her. For some reason, he knew she could not harm this Maya woman just yet. Doc would prevent any attempt, it seemed.
"Aethe," he said softly, touching her arm as he leaned against a tree. "Let her speak. The answers will come. Now is the time to exercise patience, and put aside rash actions." He kissed her shoulder as he squeezed her arm reassuringly.

Mar grinned at the winged creature standing before him, it's breath full of foul things he could only imagine.
"So, this is your idea of a threat, Vega?" he asked. "Yes, I know your name." He stood up straight, his hands relaxed at his side, ready should this creature try anything. "If you think this thing so easily defeated is the weakest of you, why would you bother to say so? I know why. It shows the fear you have in the back of your conjured mind that you harbor of these dragons and their Riders. My statement of fact was nothing more than that. It was a fact. Taran easily dispatched your friend there. They now have killed two or your brethren, and know the ferocity you can hold. But they also know how to kill you: like any other beast they come across in the wild. All of these new Riders have spent most of their lives fighting for their lives against nature and other peoples. They have been hardened by years of personal struggle. You, on the other hand, have been summoned into a world you do not know. Do not expect to take them so easily." He smiled wider at the beast standing before him. He lowered his voice, leaning in close as his left hand reached behind his back and gripped the hilt of one of his swords. "If I were you, I'd watch who you threaten. Don't think me so naive or foolish, pet. I've lived longer than you can comprehend, I've fought far more vicious and threatening creatures than even you." In a blink of the eye, Mar had drawn his sword and held the blade up to the creature's neck. "Muscle alone wont win your fight." He pulled the blade away and sheathed it once again. Yawning, he leaned back against Harp's leg and smiled at Vega. "Get along now, pet."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Maya watched and listened. She let the smile fade from her lips. “Be at peace Aethelwyne of the Seithr Coven, beloved of Aiden.” A soft wind blew as the glow around Maya deepened. Aethelwyne’s eyes widened as if a veil had been lifted. For the first time, she saw the woman who stood before her and the realization made her fall to her knees before them all. She sobbed. Her grief loosed and she cared not what the others would think. Her mind let all of her fears go and embraced the vision her mind held firmly. She felt Aiden’s hand upon her and turned her face to him. “I know who she is.” She spoke in a voice so soft that she could barely hear it herself. Her visions flooded in a wave. Visions she had shared with Doc before he had found her. She began to shake.

Maya’s eyes narrowed as she began to move forward. She knelt down before the fallen woman. She reached out touching just beneath her chin and raised her face to look into her own. “I am one without name. My people were here before the humans, before the elves, before even the dwarves and dragons. I am not one of the Grey Folk though we shared the lands with them from afar. We are travelers of sorts. I am all that is left of my people in this world.” She let go of Aethelwyne and moved to sit close. Her hands traced shapes within the blanket of dark in front of her. The sky darkened even more as a heavy bank of clouds suddenly shrouded the moon. Lights began to form in to shapes before them as she began to speak. Her hands folded gently into her lap as she watched the scenes in front of them.

Aethelwyne moved back to lean against Aiden. She needed the feel of him to calm her. Her body continued to shake as a chill set into her. She watched as Maya spoke but her mind was on Aiden. Even Doc was cut off to her. Her hand reached out absently trying to find solace from him. She knew.

“Once my people traveled between all the worlds as easily as you travel across your lands.” The forms took the shapes of other worlds as she spoke. She could see her people traveling from world to world within her mind and the thoughts took shape before her. “Each wondrous in its own right. We observed and learned. We do not die though the forms that we assume do cease to exist after a time. My mate and I were fascinated by this world finding its creatures intriguing when others thought them merely animals. We were left to this world, to this realm alone. No others have been here in ages. We watched as wars erupted over misunderstandings and fear, as the peoples here began to evolve we watched as new wars were fought for power.” Her voice stopped but the scenes of Alagaesia’s own history began to play out in front of them. “My people banned all from coming back to this world deeming you too dangerous as your powers increased along with your blood lust. My love and myself stayed seeing the beauty and promise that this world holds. We were charged with keeping the breaches to the other worlds sealed so that you had the chance to evolve into more. One day he had traveled to the world between worlds, the world where your demons thrive. He felt an imbalance, a shift with the reign of Galbatorix. The world between worlds had been breached. He went to fix the breach and was lost to me.” Her eyes looked back to the moon as the clouds slowly faded from its view. Her eyes shimmered with unshed tears. “I tried to find him but the way was closed. He had sealed himself away to stop the demons from a full out invasion of your world. The mad king had no idea what he was meddling with. Now, the way between worlds is opening once again. Someone is taking up where the mad king left off. I have a chance to find my love but I need help. Eragon knows that it is in our best interests to help each other. If the path between our worlds is not healed, the demons being summoned will spill forth freely. They will eventually over run this world, claiming it as their own. I am to take two of you and try to find the green man as he has become known to this world. The demons are not meant to roam freely here but throughout centuries a few have found their way in. Now, someone is actively summoning them. With each demon summoned, the rift grows larger.” She stopped giving them a chance to comprehend all that she said. “I am sorry but your problems with the threat facing you are my problems and possibly, my salvation. Without the green man, my powers are not as strong. I’m not sure how to explain this.”

Aethelwyne spoke softly. “You are the Goddess. The maiden, the mother and the crone. The green man is the consort. You are worshipped as the moon in its phases.” She turned to Aiden. “The goddess of my people sits before me.” She lowered her eyes as she continued. “You and he are balance as are all male and female. Two parts that together make a whole.” She stopped now as her thoughts drifted back to her time without Aiden. The time when she felt as if she would never be whole again.

Maya shook her head. “Yes. Without him the world is no longer in balance and what you call evil roams free.” She stopped now and the images faded. She looked at them all. “Will you help me? Will you risk yourselves to help me find my love and stop the threat to Alagaesia and your loved ones?”

Aethelwyne turned to Aiden. Her eyes held her fear. She had seen this and knew what was to come.

Kalri watched with Legion alight in her eyes. The two of them shared control at this time as Mar threatened Vega. Her eyes, red rimmed with Legion around her dark centers looked down at the woman at her feet. “Rise Ylma. You do not bow before me. You are not my servant to command but an honored commander of my father’s army. Mar is right though. As much as I would enjoy what you have planned, it would be foolish to attack the entire city. Perhaps there is another alternative.” She turned to Mar. ‘Love, that was so very subtle. You worried about me?’ she chided him softly across their bond. Her lips curled into a smile. “Ylma, there is a small colony on the island off to the west. They do not have contact with the mainland nor the academy. Would, say, a couple hundred people serve your purpose for now? We could move our stronghold to that island. They would not be able to surprise us as we plan and it is isolated enough that we will be undetected.”

Her eyes glowed with the promise of bloodshed as Legion stirred within her. Legion touched the demons quietly speaking to them as one unheard by the others or even Kalri herself. ‘We are most displeased to see one demon serving man as master. Most displeased.’ They touched Vega most strongly. The smell of brimstone heavy but not apparent to any but another demon. ‘Why do you serve this child? We are meant to rule these insects.’
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Maeve's eyes widened as she saw the pictures played out before her. She saw the wars that played out and almost gasped aloud when she saw a figure glance past. It was her father. His image moved by her in the blink of an eye, but she knew it was him. She saw him battling the Forsworn. In that small instant she knew what she had to do. When Maya made her reasons for being at the academy clear, she knew what it was that she was meant to do, what she would do to follow in her father's legacy. But her earlier fears were now reality before her. There would be a division; and only two could go through. She had not said anything about the dragons being able to come or not, but she had the feeling the dragons could not go through. With this knowledge she knew who would go with Maya. Aiden would go through. His dragon Frund had been killed some time ago, and he would do anything to protect Aethelwyne. Aiden would go. Her thoughts turned to Taran. She wasn't sure if he would want to go with his brother or not, but she couldn't let him go through. He was more needed here than she was.
"Maya, if what you say is true, and the demons will soon come into this world and destroy us all, then I will do everything in my power to keep them from coming through the rift. I will keep those I love safe," she turned to Onni and Taran, "I do not think that either of you will be coming with me this time though." Small tears started falling from her face. This was one of the hardest things she would have to do, but it was necessary to protect them. "Taran," she gently stroked his face while looking into her eyes. "I told you not so long ago, that I would brave the ends of the earth for you," she chuckled quietly, "I guess now I will brave the world between worlds, for you instead. I love you Taran, please do not hate me for what I am doing. I want to be by your side forever, but for now, we must part. Take care of Onni for me my darling, help him grow while I am away." The tears were flowing freely now. She hugged him to her tightly and tucked her head under his chin. There was more to her reason for leaving than she let on, but he would probably laugh if he found out she was jealous of Maya. She could now keep an eye on this woman. She did not want Taran walking around the world between worlds with this woman.
-------------------------------------------
Vega glared at Mar as he raised his sword under her chin. Her blue eyes turned bright red as her magic flared within her. She continued to glare at him as his sword hilt turned red-hot. She smiled smugly when he quickly sheathed his sword. It was a lesson for both of them. She felt Legion's touch upon her mind as they reprimanded her. Legion my friend, I see that you also work with one of these 'insects.' I protect Ylma because she called me forth from that prison we were placed in. Not only that but she used a pure child's heart as her offering to call me. She gave me a high honor, and for that I will protect her and as you say 'serve' her. It seems to me that I am just repaying a debt. I'm sorry that I have upset you, since you are more powerful than I as you can actually take over that human. The others protect Ylma for similar reasons. Except for Grothri that is. She paused and shook her head, he always amazed her at his stupidity. I think Our Lord was playing a joke with Ylma when he sent that one to her. Quite unfortunate for the rest of us in my opinion.
Ylma smiled to herself as Vega spoke to Mar. Even if he had made her back down a bit, she had made a statement; she would not be frightened by this Shade. She was pleased that their true master had seen it fit to bless her with ones such as Vega and the werewolf.
She rose when Kalri bid her stand and her eyes lit up at the prospect of a battle. "Lady Kalri that is an excellent plan. I am glad that you have an alternative. I admit shamefully that I did not know of this other colony. I will have to reprimand my scouts. Would you like to come back with us to our camp, or shall I bring the others here? Or shall we stay separated for now?
"One hundred people should be plenty, preferably if they are children. The hearts of children bring out the most powerful and loyal from their realm," she nodded towards Vega. She smiled at Kalri. She was exactly how she expected Gallabatroix's daughter would be, and it pleased her.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Mar grinned at Vega, nodding in respect.
"Very good, my feathered friend," he said. "But heed my words when facing these Riders, all of you. Do not underestimate them in any way. You cannot rely on number nor strength alone to defeat them. In order to succeed, you must use wit and cunning. In the end, brain triumphs over brawn." He turned towards Ylma. "If it is alright with you, milady, I would like to accompany you on your attack of the island."

Taran's eyes filled with tears, but none fell. He stared into Maeve's eyes for a time, committing her face, her smell, her feel, to memory.
"I love you, Maeve," he said aloud, not bothering to keep it a secret between them. "And I will await you here." He reached down and touched Onni's head, keeping his eyes on Maeve. "He will be safe, my love. Adurthil and I will see to that." He blinked the tears away and straightened his back and raised his chin. "I am Taran of Ellesmera, a Dragon Rider and your love, and as such, Maeve, I will wait here for eternity until you return." He stood and held his hand out to Maeve. His figure was lit by the distant lights of the Academy. He stood proud, a warrior of the Elves, and a Rider of all free peoples. The days ahead would be difficult, now even more so with Maeve gone, but he would persevere. He would last. He would survive.

Aiden kept his eyes fixed on Maya, not bothering to watch the images flying by. He already knew what he had to do. Once Maya was finished with her explanation, he stood tall away from the tree. His eyes trailed over Aethelwyne, bringing a smile to his face. I love you, Aethe, he said to her through their bond. I always have, and I always will. I will go with Maya and Maeve. This is my duty. I will return to you, my dearest. I have watched over you for a hundred years. Now, I have a chance to do more than just watch. He took a few steps forward, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword as he looked down at Maya.
"I will be the second," he said clearly, resolutely. He smiled at Taran, seeing the same resolve he had seen in their father so many times. He silently wished they could have grown up together, side by side. Now, it seemed they were destined to live apart, maybe even die apart. No. He would return to his brother. They all would.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 am

Legion laughed across the demon bond. ‘We can take the human it is true but to do so would cause her physical harm and leave this shell worthless. We were not summoned but kidnapped from the nether. Her mother imprisoned us in this shell while she carried her in her womb. We do not serve her, merely bide our time until We are free. Sharing this shell has certain, advantages.’ With that she turned her thoughts to Mar. He would be the one now, the one who would be able to free them but would he.

Kalri moved to the edge of the cliff looking out to the West. “They are not known to many Ylma. They are a group that worship the Horned God, mistakenly so. They believe him to be a deity of evil, a demon himself, but no matter. They are just humans twisting their ignorance into something to fit their desires. Their belief separates them from the rest of the world. They have lived in secret for many years.” She began to smile as she turned to face the woman. “There are many children but know this. These people believe themselves to be superior to most. They have some magic but not enough to be of consequence. They have breeders. A group whose sole purpose is to breed for the sacrifices to their god. I think you will find some willing sacrifices amongst them. It is a high calling to be born for the sacrifice. Those born to the call are treated as royalty. I do not believe it will be difficult to convince them to cooperate once they see your “friends” and Legion. In fact, I think that will make them most willing to bow to our whims.” She let a smile drift across her lips as Legion began to stir at the thought of the humans. She turned to look at the moon as she scented the air. Her eyes closed. “This night there is blood on the air. They have made sacrifice to their god. Perhaps we should answer that call?” Legion flared within Kalri.

“We will answer their call. All of us.” Kalri, back in charge looked to Ylma and Mar. “We can move our base to the colony. They will assume that we are the result of their sacrifice. Ylma will get her hearts but…we will not slaughter them all at once. We can use the humans as we need and their fortress shall give us shelter while we plan against the riders. We will strengthen our numbers and grow in our power. Those that are able bodied, we will train as foot soldiers to test the strengths and weaknesses of the riders. Among the followers we amass, we will give the most gifted that which they desire. A demon. They will play host to the demon horde. We can begin taking from the city. Key people that suit our purposes. Once our demon resides within, we send them back to gather more and carry on as their mortal counterparts. When the time comes, the body can be shed like discarded clothes and by the time the riders realize it…our army will have infiltrated the city unknown by any.” The smile left her face as she looked at them. “What say you both?”

Legion smiled within. Their plan whispered to Kalri given voice by her. They were very pleased. Their hold of the woman was growing. Ylma and Mar had both come to this place at this time. Yes, Legion was indeed pleased. Things were beginning to fall into place. Soon they would be free. Everyone needed to make it so was here save one. They could feel it in the air this night though. The last piece of the puzzle was starting to fall into place.

Edoc’sil watched and waited. He knew what was to come as Aethelwyne did. Maya rose and turned as well. “We will leave in a couple of hours then when the worlds touch between the dark of night and light of day.” She turned and started toward the castle. “Meet within the maze and we shall be off. For now, I leave you to your farewells.” With that she walked back toward the castles but shimmered out of sight as if she disappeared into the very moonlight surrounding them. She appeared within a room in the castle. Eragon was there waiting. “It is done.” She told him quietly. “Aiden and Maeve will accompany me.” With a nod of his head she watched him leave without word. Maya moved to a large bed pulling back the draperies that adorned it. For the last hours before leaving she would rest here. “Soon my love.” Her voice carried softly as she crawled on the large bed. She settled in and closed her eyes.

Aethelwyne watched as Aiden answered Maya’s call. She rose, watching the woman disappear into the night. “It is done then.” She said as she turned to the castle. Something different arose from her. A calm that was not there before. She stopped turning to Aiden. “Will you join me for your last hours or is there something else that you need to attend to?” Her voice was even and unwavering as she spoke. There was no pleading, no animosity, merely the question. She turned without waiting for answer. “I will be in the tower.” She knew what was expected of her and with quiet grace, she left.

Edoc’sil touched Maeve gently. “The little one will be safe with us child.” he told her softly before turning to the little red dragon. “We shall begin your training after the others have left Onni. There is much to teach you before your rider returns. Adurthil, I expect to see you ready as well. We have much to do in preparation for their return.” With that Doc took to the air returning to the Keep.

Aethelwyne emerged in the tower. Her hand slid lightly over the skins where she had lain with Aiden only a short time ago. She crawled up onto the pile pulling one over her. His scent still clung heavily to it. Closing her eyes she lay letting the scent soothe and envelope her. She would loose him again but this time would be different. She touched a hand to her cheek and the tear clung to her. Closing her hand around it her magic surged. When she opened her palm a shining amethyst stone lay within it. She smiled as she sat up and cut a long length of her hair. Her fingers moved in unison as she wove the hair into a delicate chain. She secured the stone. One last step then it would be done. She removed a dagger from her thigh and touched the point to her chest. Blood rose and she pressed the stone against it. Eyes closed, she sent her magic, her blood into the stone. The cut healed. She raised her hand to look at what she had crafted. She had put more of herself into this one working than ever before. Her fair skin seemed even paler after the working. Smiling softly, she laid back down. She would be with him when he needed her. She would be able to find him wherever he may be. Her blood, her magic, now contained some of Freund’s essence since taking the box within her. She was changing and she knew it. He had sacrificed himself for Aiden just as she had sacrificed her blood and magic. The stone would provide him with magic and protection different from his own innate abilities. She smiled as peace settled over her and waited for him. Waited to tell him goodbye.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Maeve nodded to Edoc'sil and she knelt on the grass beside the dragon. She held his head in her arms as they embraced, their link open for each other, not needing words for what they felt. She didn't know when she would see him again, and was saddened that she wouldn't be there to watch him grow. Onni quickly lifted his head and turned to his hind leg. Using his teeth he gently took off one of his glistening red scales and gave it to Maeve. Take this elf, so that I shall always be with you. I will miss you my friend. When you return I will know all of the names of the birds that fly in the sky, and I shall name them all for you. He touched his nose to his scale in her hands and then her forehead. I shall leave you now with Taran so that you may say good-bye to him in the manner that you see fit. I shall go with Doc and Adurthil now. I do not know if I will be able to see you again before you leave. I love you elf. Do not forget that; don't ever forget that. And after one final embrace, Onni turned and followed Adurthil and Doc back to the dragon's quarters. He did not look back once.

Maeve took the scale in her hands and watched as Onni left. She looked down again at the shining scale, and with her magic bored a hole into the narrow end of the it. She then took out the leather that she had left from when she had made Taran's necklace, and threaded it through the hole. She tied the leather together and slipped it over her head so that the scale hung between her breasts. Onni would always be near to her heart. After touching the scale one more time she turned to Taran. She placed her hand on his chest and felt for the necklace that she had made him. She pulled it out and held it in her hands, pressing her lips to it. It shone softly when she pulled away and she slid it back underneath his shirt. She had made it to symbolize their love; the stone being a swirl of red and teal. "This is our last night together my love," she whispered to him. "I'm sorry I have to leave you now that we have found each other again. Will you help me get packed for my journey?"
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Aiden took a deep breath, looking up at the stars. He chuckled softly to himself. He never thought he would ever leave Aethelwyne's side of his own choosing. As he straightened his shirt, he took a step forward, away from Taran and Maeve. He looked back at his brother with a nod and smile. They were brothers. There was no need for words.

He headed into the Academy grounds, towards the place where he felt Aethelwyne waiting for him. He entered the room quietly, his face devoid of any expression. His eyes locked on to Aethelwyne laying on the pile of skins.
"I'm sorry," he said plainly. "It's just something I have to do." He sat down beside her, running his hand through her hair as he looked into her eyes. "I love you. I always will, Aethe." He looked around them, his mind churning with hundreds of different words. "I don't know what to do, now, how to spend the time before I leave."

Taran pulled Maeve into his arms and held her tightly, kissing the top of her head as tears streamed down his face.
"I love you, Maeve," he said as he released her. He took her hand and began to lead them back to their quarters. "Let's go pack, then. And after, maybe we can spend some time alone together." He looked over at her with a faint smile. His heart hurt, but he knew what they were doing was necessary.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Aethelwyne placed a finger to his lips as she raised up on her arm. She shook her head. “It’s alright Aiden.” She sat up looking into his eyes. “I knew. After I saw Maya I knew. I have seen this and I will not argue about it. I know you have to go.” She took his hand and placed her gift within it. “This is the best I can do since I cannot go with you. It is infused with my magic, my love and my very soul. It also contains some of Freund’s essence since he is now a part of me. You will be able to see what cannot be seen, hear what cannot be heard.” She pressed his fingers around the necklace as she kissed him tenderly on the lips. “I do not know what trials you will face but you will have my magic now along with your own.” She pulled back as she raised a hand to his face, softly caressing along his cheek. “I love you Aiden.” She smiled a soft smile. "We can spend this time however you wish." Her eyes turned to a pack in the corner of the room. "I have prepared a few things for your journey."
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 am

Aiden took a strong hold on the gift Aethelwyne had just given him. His eyes filled with tears, though none would fall. As she looked off to the corner, he tied the necklace around his neck and placed it beneath his shirt.
"I don't know," he said absently as he looked at the pack she had prepared. "Thank you, my love, for packing some things for me. But. . ." He looked away as he tried to find the words he needed. "I wont need any kind of supplies. All I need is my sword and your love. I have a strong feeling that this world between worlds is different from here. I don't think we'll need any food or water to sustain us." He took a deep breath as he set those thoughts aside. Laying back on the skins, he looked up at the ceiling, his hand still playing with her hair. "This will prove to be a much more difficult journey than I think even Maya can foresee."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Maeve walked silently back to their room, hand in hand with Taran. They packed her things in silence. What if one of them was killed in the absence of the other? She would have no way of knowing what was happening here at the academy. She moved to her drawer and took out her thick leather armor and a chain mail jerkin and packed them in the bottom of her sack, placing a few of her many knives on top of those. She then put her blanket atop the knives and put a small pack of biscuits in next, followed by a few more knives and her flint. She opened the last drawer and brought out a plain wooden box. Inside were dozens of herbs and plants that her mother had given her when she had left for the academy. She took out a few of each plant and wrapped them in some cloth and placed it in her pack. The remaining leaves stayed in the box and she placed it in Taran's lap. "Please keep these safe for me Taran. There is no reason for me to take all of them on my journey so I am entrusting them to you." She took his hands and placed them around the box. Her hands stayed wrapped around his as they sat on the floor.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Aethelwyne closed her eyes at the touch of his hand in her hair. "It will be an adventure to remember.". She smiled as she laid back looking at him. "I know you will do everything in your power to return to me. Of that I am certain." She looked up at him, her hand stroking softly on his thigh. "I love you and will wait for your return."
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Taran smiled at Maeve, nodding slowly as he took the box and held it tenderly.
"I will hold it for you until you return," he said as he leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "But you know me, I sometimes forget where things are. So I think it's best that you hurry before I loose it." He winked at her with a faint smile. He sighed and walked to the bed and sat down. "I don't know what to say, Maeve. I know you must go, but I'm afraid. I just found you, and I don't want to be apart from you. I love you. Wherever you go, you'll be in my heart." He laid back on the bed and closed his eyes, relaxing.

Aiden smiled at Aethelwyne, trailing his hand down her side to her thigh.
"I love you," he whispered, pressing his lips to hers to keep her from seeing the tears in his eyes. "I'm going to miss you."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

She smiled as Taran kissed her cheek. "I will do what must be done as quickly as I can my darling," and she followed him to the bed. She sat on the bed and placed his head in her lap, stroking his hair as he relaxed. "I am afraid too Taran. I just hope that I can come back safely to you, and that you will be well when I return." She gazed down into his eyes and smiled softly. "Taran I love you, and I hope that someday we will be able to spend everyday together. I will keep your heart safe for you my love," she said as she bent down and kissed his forehead.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Taran smiled up at Maeve, wishing things had turned out to be different, that they would not be in the struggle that they found themselves in the center of. He sighed as he looked up at her.
"I don't have the words, Maeve," he said plainly as he sat up beside her. "I can't tell you how much I love you, or what I feel, or fear, or hope. I just hope that you can know how my heart truly feels." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers, laying down her with gently. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly as he continued to kiss her. He didn't want that night to end, that moment to come to a close. "I love you," he whispered between kisses and breaths.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Maeve welcomed Taran's kisses, pulling herself closer and closer to him. She never wanted to leave his arms again, but she knew in a few more hours she would have to. In a few more hours, she would be far away from him, away from his scent and touch. The time they had together now was limited and she did not know when she would see him again. What would she do?
She pressed her lips harder to his and undid his buttons. Not having him there for who knows how long would be difficult, especially now that they had found each other again, and had confessed to loving the other. Her hands moved to his belt now that the buttons were done, and she continued to kiss him passionately. Her mind was swimming in fear, longing and love. She didn't want to leave, by the gods she didn't want to leave. She belonged here with him, but her duty. . . her duty would take her far away from him. She had said before that her duty must come before their love, and she always kept her word. She would go on this quest because it was her duty, but not just for that. She would do this for him; she would keep him safe.
She smiled at him as she saw his long white hair spilling over his bare skin. She would cherish this night when times were hard on the road ahead.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Taran's heart began to speed up as Maeve slowly removed his clothes. He smiled as they continued to kiss passionately, his hands moving to her buttons.
"I told you I'd finish it," he whispered as he removed her shirt, then began working on her pants. His kisses grew longer, his breath started coming faster and faster as his desire and longing grew. He would always remember that night, especially in the long days ahead. He sighed in pleasure as he felt her skin against his, their bodies close. Her pants finally being undone, Taran pulled them away from her smooth, soft skin. His heart pounded in his chest as he felt her bare legs around him. "I love you," he whispered, pulling her close to him. There was no need for her to stimulate him, he had been ready for her love since the day they first met. His eyes rolled back in his head as he felt himself slide smoothly within her tight body, caressing her deep within. He moved his hips slowly back and forth as he pulled himself above her. His breath was hot and heavy on her neck as he began to love her. Soft moans and sighs escaped his lips as he reveled in the sweet sensations washing over him.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:46 pm

"I knew you would keep your promise," she chuckled and winked at him. She lay beneath him and gasped as he pushed himself into her. She smiled softly as he whispered his love into her ear. She felt his hot breath on her neck and face. Her moans steadily grew into cries of pleasure as he pushed deeper and deeper within her and she held him closer to her, urging him to go even deeper. "Oh Taran," she cried out in pleasure. Her legs pulled tightly around him, pushing him. She lifted her head and kissed him, sucking on his tongue. Her hips rose and fell with his and her fingers pressed firmly into his lower back. There would be no interruptions this time; she would give everything to him. She moved her lips from his tongue to his ear, and trailed wet kisses along the ridge before pushing her tongue into his ear. Her hands were rubbing along his chest as she moaned into his ear. There would be no interruptions this time.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm

As Maeve pressed her tongue into his ear Taran gasped, pushing his hips harder against her, driving deeper.
"Maeve," he whispered, gooseflesh growing on his skin. He began to pump his hips faster, harder, as his desire for release grew. "I like that." He arched his back, rolling his hips side to side as he held himself deep within her. Loud moans escaped his lips as he felt the point of release nearing. He forced himself to delay it, to enjoy the sweet sensations that accompanied their love making. He didn't want it to end. He promised himself he would finish this time, there would be nothing to stop them, to keep them from truly becoming one. He pulled his head from her kisses and pressed his lips to her breast, sucking and gently nibbling at the tip. His hand squeezed the base as he continued to pump his hips. Soft wet sounds drifted up to his ears as he loved her, suckled on her breasts.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum