Eragon, the saga continues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trials

3 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Trials - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trials

Post  Taran Wed May 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Taran glanced at Aethelwyne and smiled softly, then looked back at Eragon.
"Aethelwyne," Eragon began. "You have the benefit of having an older dragon, as well as some insight into different kinds of magic, and Taran, you have some insight on how to survive alone. Maeve over there, has insight on how to control herself. You three together embody the perfect Dragon Rider. You three are being put into one group to train. Aethelwyne and Doc will teach you all about the bond between dragon and rider, as well as about dragons in general. Taran will help teach you all how to better use what's around you to survive physically. And Maeve will teach you all how to compose yourselves mentally." Taran nodded, not saying a word. When Eragon had finished, he leapt atop Sapphire and took to the skies. Taran sighed and turned to Aethelwyne.
"Well, it looks like we've already been introduced to our teachers," he said with a chuckle. He turned and headed back towards Maeve and the dragons. "Too bad he didn't tell us where we're staying."

Adurthil looked up at Doc and chuckled.
I'll take you! he said gladly. Acting like the child he physically was, Adurthil climbed up Doc's leg to perch on the great dragon's shoulder. Bring it now, Onni! Booya!
Taran
Taran
Admin

https://pawns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Onni's head tilted far back as he watched Adurthil climb up onto Doc's shoulder. Maeve took this oppourtunity to grab the little dragon and scoop him onto her shoulder. Little one we shall be a team again, we are a perfect team. She smiled wildly and ran at Doc, full tilt. Onni remained perched on her shoulder till the last second, then launched himself into the air as Maeve changed her momentum and did a backflip landing directly in front of Doc, one corner of her mouth lifting into a crooked smile. She may not be a fully fledged Rider, but she knew how to fight enemies larger than herself, and she had been training with Onni for a little while since he hatched. She watched as he went sailing over Doc's head landing just opposite of Adurthil.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Thu May 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Aethelwyne watched as Eragon and Saphira flew off. She turned to walk back to Doc watching with amusement as the small dragons now perched atop him. Her brow raised as Maeve ran toward him then flipped backwards to stand before him. "It would have been nice to know." She said her voice sounding rather flip. "So you will teach me about survival and she will teach my about mental control...wonderful." She felt a sharp slap from Doc's mind as he chided her to take the edge of her tongue. "I mean that will be fine." She said as she drew a heavy breath. Aethelwyne spoke again but didn't look at Taran. "You seem familiar to me."

Doc looked at the young woman with the fiery hair. "Impressive." He told her as he stretched his neck to gaze into her face. "The only thing I would caution you in is the proximity in which you make your stand. It is not good to be within reach of a foe." As he stretched out his neck he brought a large taloned claw crashing to the ground next to her. He wasn't trying to hurt her, only make a point. In addition, his large spiked tail crashed down on the other side of her. Doc grinned as he spoke to her. "Lesson number one child. Dragons are large but by no means are we clumsy or slow. We are very agile and limber." He winked at her playfully. His head turned as he eyed the smaller dragons blowing a puff of smoke at them both.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu May 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Maeve only jumped slightly as the large claw and tail came crashing down next to her. She kept her eyes straight ahead, locked with Edoc'sil's. Thank you for the advice Edoc'sil, I shall remember it. She inclined her head to the dragon and looked back behind him. Aethelwyne and Taran were standing next to each other talking, and Aethlwyne did not seem pleased. She reached out towards Taran's mind, only touching it slightly so as not to alarm him. She wanted to know what was wrong with the woman so she didn't say something that would offend her.

Onni coughed as he inhaled the smoke that Doc blew at his face, causing him to lose balance and fall over and off Doc's back. Owwwww...., Onni shook his head as he stood up. Maeve winced at the force of his fall, and touched her own head absently. Do you have to be so clumsy little one?
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Thu May 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Taran ignored Aethelwyne's remarks. He didn't really like the situation either, but he had the sense of mind to remain silent about it.
"Don't worry, Aethelwyne," he said while watching the dragons and Maeve. "It's not like I'm going to tell you what to do. He never said I was your master, only a teacher." He turned to face Aethelwyne, welcoming Maeve's mind into his own. "And I do admit that you look rather familiar to me as well, but I don't know why. Maybe you just look like someone I met a while ago." He turned back to the dragons, enjoying Maeve's presence. I'm not sure what's bothering her, he told Maeve through their mental connection. But I think it goes beyond our assignments. She seems. . .guarded, as if someone is trying to find her. But I don't know. Just be careful when you're talking around her. She doesn't seem to enjoy being directed to learn from us.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Maeve strolled over to where taran and Aethelwyne were standing, and Onni trotted after her. Are you going to talk to that woman Maeve? I get the feeling like she doesn't like us very much. Onni's worried thoughts stretched across their connection. Yes Onni we are going to meet her. From what Taran has told me, the three of us will be teaching each other. We all will be students and teachers, that means you too Onni.
Maeve inclined her head towards Aethelwyne and extended her hand in greeting, "Good day to you my lady, my name is Maeve and this," she gestured to her dragon,"is Onni. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Well Taran, I think we should try to befriend her, she seems lonely as well. Maybe she will find it in her heart to trust us one day, and we could help her with whatever it is that she is running from.
Maeve looked at Aethelwyne again, and saw what had been drawing her attention. It was her eyes. Maeve's eyes widened; she had seen those eyes before, but where?
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 am

Aethelwyne's face broke out into an enormous smile as a laugh left her. "Forgive me Maeve. You're politeness is appreciated but I am afraid I have never been referred to as a lady." She nodded to her and the young dragon. Maeve's address left her in a lighter mood. She looked closely at her, puzzled for a moment. Where had she seen these two before?

Doc sauntered to the others. His laughter rang out across the stillness of the field. Aethelwyne shot him a playful look. "Perhaps m'lady and her companions would like to find some food and drink? I for one am hungry." With that he caught the attention of the younglings. "Care to go hunting my young friends?" He turned then looked back over his shoulder unsure as to whether the younglings had their full wings yet.

Aethelwyne looked to Taran and Maeve. "I'm not very subtle so we may as well get this out of the way. If you have a question ask me do not speculate. If you do not want an honest answer...do not ask. I am not typical of the others here. I am not articulate in the ways of riders nor in their ties with each other. I do not do like crowds and spend most of my time alone so forgive me if I appear stand-offish. I do, however, know about the bond between dragon and rider." As she spoke Doc rolled his eyes. He knew what was to come. She was uncomfortable and retreating to him as she had done since HE had been taken from her. Doc's tail moved closer to her catching her foot as he gave it a slight flip launching her into the air. Aethelwyne somersaulted and catching his haunch with her foot, flipped back from him to land back before them. "Doc I would like some meat if you wouldn't mind. I know it will be in short supply here at the academy." Aethelwyne pushed her hair back hooking it behind a slightly tipped ear.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun May 17, 2009 10:25 am

Taran ignored the comment about Aethelwyne wanting meat. She was after all not a true elf, so she did not have the same dietary habits, and she had not been a rider long enough to learn the reason not to eat meat.
"My first question, Aethelwyne," he said. "Is where I've met you, or seen you before. You seem vaguely familiar, but I don't know why. And my second question is are you willing to accept what we can teach you or show you, or are you going to keep acting our superior cause you have a bigger dragon?" Taran crossed his arms as he faced her and waited for her answers. I guess we're done with subtleties, he told Maeve through their minds.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 am

Aethelwyne looked at him suddenly taken back by his manner of voice and the way he held himself. Her face turned pale as she felt the familiar sensation of being watched and turned quickly to look in the direction of the feeling. She caught the brief movement in the still of the shadows then it was gone. Doc reached out to steady her as she swayed landing with a hand perched atop his large leg. 'I felt it to little one but he couldn't have survived.' She turned back to look at Taran again. This time she saw it clearly. Aiden. She began to shake as she looked at him. His eyes, the manner of his speech and the way he held himself with that knowing calm. "I..." She righted herself as she stood before him. "You remind me of someone very dear to me. Who...did..." the words danced outside her ability to catch them. She closed her eyes. "You speak to me like he did. Your eyes...when I look closely into them I see...Aiden." She turned away from him unable to stand the force of his stare any longer. "Your family...did you have a brother?" The question parted from her but she could not face him. She saw it in the features of his face and the graceful curve of his form. "He used to speak to me as you just did. The only one who ever did and lived. It was he who changed my stars." She turned back but did not look at him, instead her gaze focused on the grass beneath her feet.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun May 17, 2009 4:28 pm

The weight of the emotion in Aethelwyne's words knocked Taran from his feet. Tears began to stream down his face as he looked up at her. He left his connection to Maeve open as he felt the sorrow course through him.
"I did, once," he whispered, his eyes wide with shock and renewed terror. "I thought he was killed along with my parents over a century ago. Aiden. . . he was my younger brother, but only by a few years. . . how do you know him?" He could clearly see the sorrow and pain in Aethelwyne's eyes, but he needed to know the answers. Maeve? Do you think it could really be possible? That Aiden could have survived and been living this entire time?
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Sun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Maeve's eyes widened as Aethelwyne mentioned Aiden's name. I don't know Taran. If he had survived, why didn't he come back? Why would he have left you alone? This woman however, is not an elf, and does not have our lifespan. She doesn't appear any older than 30, so if she knew Aiden, that means he did indeed survive. I do not know what to make of this. Keep your guard up though, we know very little about her.
She turned to Aethelwyne with a curious look in her eyes. "Aethelwyne, how do you know Aiden? Please tell us everything about what happened between the two of you. This was Taran's brother, and we all thought he had been killed."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sun May 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Aethelwyne looked down at him moving slowly as she now understood what it was about him that was familiar to her. She knelt down beside him reaching a hand out slowly at first, hesitantly. Tears welled within her eyes as she brought her hand to his cheek. With a finger, she traced the proud features of his face then lightly touched his hair before letting her hand fall back slowly to her side. Doc moved restlessly behind her then settled onto his haunches. The hunting would have to wait. His place was here beside her. ‘Tell them little one. They speak truth and you know the truth within your heart.’

Aethelwyne closed her eyes as the words formed on her lips. “Aiden.” She choked a little on the word opening her eyes and holding him within her gaze. “The story is long for the telling. It involves many dark memories best left in the shadow of night.” She looked around feeling the presence again as her body instinctively tensed. “Is there someplace we could go? Someplace more…well not so in the open?” She looked to them again knowing they wanted answers. “I will tell you anything you wish to know. Aiden was my friend, my partner…my....lifemate.” A lone tear rolled slowly down her cheek. ‘Doc am I crazy? I feel him so close but how?’
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun May 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Taran couldn't feel his body as Aethelwyne touched his cheek. Somehow, in some way, he knew that her hand had touched his brother he never got the chance to know. His eyes clouded with more tears at the all the memories he knew he never had because of that attack. With those sad memories came the anger and rage he had felt so long ago at those Urgals. Standing, he tightened his sword at his hip and turned towards the forest.
"Follow me," he said quietly, barely more than a whisper. Tears streamed down his face as he continued walking, but his features were blank and his mind suddenly walled off with more barriers than those protecting the most precious treasures in the world. Try as he might, Adurthil could not enter Taran's mind to talk to him. Taran had retreated into himself, and there was no bringing him back. At least, none had been able to bring him back save one person.
He reached a small clearing in the forest just big enough to Doc to land. He stopped and looked around, scanning for anyone who may be watching. Silently, he used his power to pull a large boulder from the earth, concentrating on the small pieces to lift the whole so as not to tax his strength. The boulder left a large hole in the ground. He filled it with wood and ignited a spark, creating a large fire.
"Is this okay?" he asked absently, dropping to his rump beside the growing fire.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Aethelwyne rose looking at Maeve briefly. She wiped the tear from her cheek then turned and followed Taran into the clearing in the forest. Doc rose quickly into the air following the others. He could feel the hurt within her as he lit softly within the clearing. He moved closer to where Taran sat on the ground and tucked his legs beneath him. His head lay upon the ground and he sat watching them, the fire dancing within his eyes. His mind brushed Aethelwyne’s as feelings of peace and calm surrounded her. She turned and ran her hand along his long snout bowing her head slightly. She turned and sat down across from Taran leaning back against Doc.

“This is fine. I’m sorry but I feel someone watching me. Hiding just beyond reach.” She picked up a stick and poked it in the fire watching as she waited for Maeve to settle. “As I said, I will answer any questions that you have but I would ask you to swear in the ancient language that what I tell you will never leave this circle. There are things known only to Eragon but they are mine to tell as I see fit.” She leaned forward staring longingly into the fire.

“I am Aethelwyne. Daughter of the Seithr Natal of the assassins coven. Daughter of the elven warrior Elydawain. I live in the shadow between two worlds, accepted by neither. My parents were killed when I was young. Edoc’sil found me in the forest hiding from their slayers. My aunt took me into the coven and ytrained me in their ways. I worked for a time at my leisure, not sharing the same allegiances the coven had with Galbatorix.” She closed her eyes for a moment before continuing. “Edoc’sil and I were on leave from assignments taking a long overdue break when I first encountered him. The Hadarac desert is barren but it holds a beauty and majesty all its own if one takes time to look.”

She grinned as the scene unfolded before her mind’s eye as if it were yesterday. “It was night and I was bathing within the water of a hidden oasis. The moon shone brightly in its fullest form. I sang, as is our custom, welcoming the power of the moon into me. Feeling someone near, I turned and there he was watching in silence from the bank.”
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun May 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Taran kept his mind and emotions to himself as he listened to Aethelwyne's story. He could almost see it himself as she described it.
"Aethelwyne. . . I don't know how to ask this," he began, running his hands back through his hair as he sat up a little straighter. "But what happened to you and him? Why isn't he here with you now? You can trust me, I swear in the Ancient Language never to disclose anything you tell us here to anyone. The only people, and dragons, to ever know of this information are those here with us right now." He watched her, allowing himself to slowly come back to the world from his inner self. He felt Adurthil's presence and sent emotions of sorrow. He didn't mean to push everyone out. Adurthil crawled up on Taran's lap and laid his head on Taran's knee, watching Aethelwyne and Doc. He understood.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Mon May 18, 2009 12:21 am

Aethelwynes eyes grew dark as he asked her what had happened to Aiden. “We became companions. He was the only one to see past what I was. Slowly he opened my eyes to the beauty within life. I did not realize the depth of our bond until Galbatorix put contract on him to control me. No man owns me.” She looked deeper into the fire. “That is not entirely true. One man could bend me to his will with only a thought.” Her gaze turned back to Taran and Maeve. She took a deep breath before continuing. “Enraged by the boldness and audacity of the mad king, we made plans against him. Fearing for Aiden, I ventured on my own to send a message to the King. I landed my dagger into the arm of his throne. A warning. This enraged him and when I made way back to Aiden, he was more furious then I had ever seen. It was then that I learned of his feelings for me.” A smile crossed her lips but for a moment. “After that we spent months trying to stay one step ahead of the king and out of the conflict between him and the Varden. Eventually sides had to be taken. We were on our way to meet with a Varden representative. He was always cautious. He bade me to await his signal and then enter. I waited 15 minutes for a signal that never came. I began to worry and started toward the door. As my hand reached to the knob a large explosion rocked the tavern. I was thrown across the square from the force of the blast. Edoc’sil felt something wrong and came for me. I awakened in a place known to us as Sanctuary. A place of safety high in the mountains. I went back to look for him as soon as I was able. I could find no sign…no word. The only information I was able to gain was that the meeting had indeed been a trap but set by who…I never found out. Rumor was that the Varden believed two spies were trying to infiltrate.” She stopped for a moment then her eyes turned darker. "I waited for him for a week as we agreed should we be parted. When he didn't come I started to fear the worst. My mind told me he perished in the explosion. My heart..." She turned away from him now as her tears silently fell. "I searched for him, for any clue. For proof one way or another. Eventually my sorrow lead to madness. I blamed the coven, the Empire, the Varden. I hunted those who had hunted us. Every so often I felt as if he was near. As if he followed me on my journey into hell. But why? If he was alive why would he not seek me out?"

Doc stirred restlessly behind her. His mind brushed hers. "Tell them everything." Aethelwyne turned to look at him, her eyes narrowed with pain and sorrow. "There is nothing to be gained by telling what you refer to."
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Maeve tensed slightly when she heard that Aethelwyne used to be part of the Seithr Natal, many elves had been murdered by this group, and she didn't know what to make of this news at first. Onni felt her stiffen and rubbed his nose against her arm, Calm yourself Maeve, she is no longer joined with them, and she doesn't serve Gallabatroix. We can trust her., the little dragon reassured her. Maeve continued to look at the half-elf and replied to Onni, I do trust her, it's just that this news was very unexpected. The Seithr Natal is an infamous group of assassins. It caught me by surprise. Maeve relaxed again and placed her hand over Taran's as Aethelwyne continued her story.
When she retold how the events of her last day with Aiden played out, a small tear rolled down her cheek. She did not have the oppourtunity to get to know Aiden as well as she hoped, but he was known throughout the city as a kind elf, willing to help those in need without hesitation. He had a wonderful spirit, and when Taran's family was killed, everyone felt their absence. There seemed to be a little bit less laughter and cheer with Taran and Aiden both gone. They had been a great pair, true brothers.
She absently began stroking Taran's hand as she listened to the rest of the story, how she felt Aiden was still following her. This did not surprise her however. When her father had died, Maeve would often find her mother having imaginary conversations with her father. She would tell him about the weather, the new plants she had sung into being, what new accomplishments their daughter had made. It worried Maeve for awhile, but realized this was how some people would cope with their sorrow. In a way, she felt like her father was always with her, watching her climb to new heights in honor of his name. Here she smiled softly and let another tear fall down her cheek. She looked up at Aethelwyne again and crossed over to her. She stood directly in front of her and stared into her eyes, trying to show that she understood her pain. She carefully brought her right hand up and placed it on her cheek, to comfort her.
"I am sorry for all that has happened to you Aethelwyne-elda, if there is any way we can help you, please don't hesitate to ask."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Taran smiled down at Maeve's hand on his own, at how her thumb stroked against his skin. He liked the feeling. When she moved, he sighed a little to himself. He looked up at Aethelwyne, studying her eyes and face. She had truly suffered, and now was constantly feeling someone following her. He couldn't know for certain if it was real, or she was imagining things.
"Aethelwyne," he said quietly, looking at her from across the fire. "I know your hurt, the sorrow you have in your heart. I have felt it for the past century. I miss my family more than most would care to know, Aiden most of all. But, if he did survive the Urgal attack, I have no doubts in my mind that he survived that trap. I can't explain why he would not rejoin you. Maybe he had been taken captive and was tortured, maybe scarred, and did not think you could ever take him back. Torture can break a man's spirit, turn him into something he's not. If he is still alive, and following you, we will find him. I want to see my brother again just as much as you want to see your love." He turned to Maeve, and smiled up at her. Adurthil chuckled, then slammed his tail against Taran's leg.
You should guard your thoughts a little better, elf, the small dragon said, hoping down to the ground. Or else she might see something she likes. I don't know if Onni would want to share. Taran shook his head and sealed off his mind from everyone and everything, save Adurthil.
If you insist, Taran said through their mental link. But I have nothing to hide from her. Taran stood and walked to the two women. He put a hand gently on Maeve's back as he passed around her.
"Perhaps we should venture into the heart of the Academy to find some lodgings," he told them, looking both in the eye. "I'm rather tired of sleeping under the stars, and I could use a nice bed and bath for a change."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mica Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 am

Aethelwyne closed her eyes, turning from them. She took a deep breath and rose, Doc joining her. Quietly he moved without thought or word putting his leg protectively around her. He shielded her from them knowing that she didn't like to be perceived as being weak. Her tears flowed slowly. Looking at Taran he spoke with the concern of a father. "You two go ahead. I will bring Aethelwyne shortly to follow. I think I promised her some meat for dinner." With that he picked her up and with a little toss, she landed safely on his shoulders. Her face lay hidden beneath her hair as she spoke without looking up. "If he is alive I will find him. I am proud to have met you Taran, brother of Aiden. Merry meet Maeve." Doc turned and leapt into the air taking to the skies.
Mica
Mica
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Mon May 25, 2009 11:10 am

At the mention of eating meat, Maeve recoiled slightly. She still eats meat? I know she is only half elven, but...Well I guess she hasn't completed her training as a Rider yet either. She waved in farewell as Doc flew upwards and into the sky. Onni raised his head and roared a little, also saying good-bye. He then looked over to Adurthil and asked, Shall we do some hunting of our own then? Maeve only eats plants and I honestly don't know how she can survive like that. I on the other hand need meat, and hunting with a friend might be fun. Onni crouched down with his head between his forelegs, swaying his tail quickly. He looked like a cat ready to pounce, and it made Maeve laugh.
"Well little dragons why don't you go find yourself some dinner. Taran and I will find a meal within the training grounds, and then continue on to find our quarters." She turned to Onni again and said, "Be safe my friend, even though you are a dragon, you are still young. There are many things in the forest that are larger and more vicious than you are. Look after each other, and good hunting." She reached down and kissed the top of Onni's head, then watched as he headed towards the forest.

Last edited by dncrgurl on Tue May 26, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 am

Adurthil growled with glee at the prospect of hunting.
Sounds like a plan, he told Onni. Taran, we'll meet you in two hours. Don't worry about waiting for us somewhere. We can find you.

Taran nodded at Adurthil as the two small dragons bounded into the forest.
"Well, I guess that means we should go find something to eat," he told Maeve, touching her shoulder softly and turning back towards the training field. "And it gives us some time to catch up, too." He smiled warmly at her, his eyes sparkling with the joy of finally being able to talk to someone without being judged.
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue May 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Maeve smiled warmly at Taran. "Food would definitely be welcome. I haven't eaten in many hours, and to tell you the truth, I'm starving," she laughed. "It is nice to see you again Taran. Ellesmera was never the same after you left. In fact it was rather boring for me, until I found Onni of course, but it's not the same." She winked at him, "Of course when a dragon hatches for you he or she is supposed to be your perfect match, your soulmate. Seeing little Onni though, he's the perfect friend for me, but at times he seems like a child. Yet there are times when it seems that he is even more advanced in years than we are. It amazes me."
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Taran raised his eyebrows at Maeve and turned to face her.
"Really?" he asked, crossing his arms and smiling. "So, even though Onni's your dragon, he's not your perfect match? I must admit, Adurthil is not mine, either. We get along just fine, and he is a great friend, but there is a major role he cannot play in my life. That of my love." He winked at her, turning back to their path. Strange feelings began building up in his chest as he walked beside her, feelings so foreign he could not remember experiencing them before. The silence was heavy, and he could not take it any longer. "Ellesmera was different after I left? How so? I mean, things had to have carried on without me, I wasn't an essential part of everyday life there."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dncrgurl Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Maeve blushed just a little when Taran winked at her, but quickly regained herself.
"True you weren't essential for all of Ellesmera, but for me there was quite a significant change. We used to have a lot of fun together, and the forest always seemed more alive to me whenever we were out there exploring together. Then you left." Here she paused and looked at the ground. "I kept watch everyday, hoping that you would return, and when you finally did come back, my mother didn't think it was right for me to speak with you because of what you did. I felt alone then, you were my friend, why should she prevent me from seeing you, regardless of what you had done? Then you left again, and I didn't get to say good bye, again," the smile had gone from her face, and the cheer from her eyes. "I never gave up on you though. I still kept waiting for you to come home. I imagined our reunion so many times and in so many ways, but you never came back. Somehow, I knew you wouldn't, but I held on to hope anyway." She turned back to him, her eyes only slightly wet. Feeling a slight touch from Onni, she decided to cut off their connection temporarily.
"I never thought that this is where I would finally see you again Taran, my old friend. But I am glad to have found you once more."
Her green and gold eyes shone, but her smile was still absent.
dncrgurl
dncrgurl
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Tue May 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Taran stopped and took Maeve's hand in his own. He felt Adurthil touching his mind, but gently pushed his dragon's mind away.
"Maeve. . ." He paused as he looked into her eyes. His hand rose to gently stroke her cheek as he stared into her eyes. "I'm sorry I never came back. I am. I wish I could have, but I didn't know how. I was shunned by nearly everyone. You were the only one to accept me for who I as and what I did." He looked down at his hand holding hers, then to the ground. Chuckling a little, he looked back up at her. "You know what kept me from going insane with loneliness and emptiness? You. Even though you weren't there with me, I knew you were alive and well. Knowing who you were and where you were kept me alive. I can't count the number of times I imagined our reunion. It's nothing like I had planned. But, even though it is different, I am glad it has happened." He continued to look into her eyes, searching for any sign of her true feelings. Then a question came to him. "Maeve, why did you wait? I don't know how else to say it, so I'll say it how I think it. It takes more than feelings of friendship for someone to wait over a century for another."
Taran
Taran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum