Eragon, the saga continues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeriah&Oranthor

2 posters

Go down

Jeriah&Oranthor Empty Jeriah&Oranthor

Post  Jeriah Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Good gosh, just looking through all of this is making me nostalgic! Very Happy

1. Character's name: Jeriah

2. Character's gender: female

3. Character's Race: human

4. Character's description: Jeriah is of average height, with long dark blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She is around nineteen and has been at the academy for the last five years. She has a long but thin scar curving from the base of her throat to her lower back. The expression on her face is usually innocent and kind, but on occasion it can be fearful or sad.

5. Character's Attitude: Jeriah is the sweetest girl in existance. She is kind, loving, and generous, even to a fault. Handling weapons, though the practice is strangely natural to her, terrifies her, as does the thought of harming anyone. She is incredibly adept at magic and finds joy in the practice of it. Sometimes when she thinks she's alone or no one is looking, she'll drop her smiling face and tears will fall, but she never will tell anyone what is tearing at her so much.

6. Dragon's name/description: Oranthor is a strong, protective dragon. His color is a glowing amber-orange. His build is not really meant for flying, but rather for wrestling his opponent or prey to the ground. His muscles are much thicker than those of the average dragon. He was able to breathe fire quicker and longer than most.

7. Dragon's Attitude: Oranthor is extremely protective of Jeriah, as a memory from the time he was a hatchling haunts him. He doesn't want to see her put into any kind of dangerous situation. He is cautious about the people she meets, as she rarely stops to consider whether they mean her any harm. He trusts few people and tries to always keep Jeriah in sight.

8. Weapons normally used: Jeriah is a natural keen shot with a bow, as she was able to hit the bull's eye of the target on her very first arrow. She can handle a sword when she doesn't let the fear of hurting someone overpower her. Her magic can be a dangerous weapon and is what she is most likely to resort to in self-defense.

9. History of Character: Jeriah was born and raise on an obscure farm on the plains. There was nothing really special about who they were or where they lived until one day she stumbled across a dragon egg in the nearby woods. The egg hatched for her right there and she became its Rider. Everything was just fine until a shadowed figure attacked their house one night, his target: Jeriah and the dragon. Her family did everything they could to protect her, but the assassin tore right through them and stabbed at Jeriah with a dagger. He didn't get very deep, but the blade dragged all the way from her throat around to her lower back. She landed, passing out, right next to Oranthor, holding the little dragon close. When she woke up, the house was on fire and she couldn't see anyone else. She stood up, drenched in blood, and ran out of the house a ways until she fell, too weak to go on. Thankfully, one of the leaders at the Dragon Rider academy had been flying overhead at the time and rescued her. Her wound was healed and she was trained at the academy. But time has not erased the memory, either from her mind or Oranthor's.

10. Short RP sample:
Jeriah nocked the arrow, raised the bow, and sighted down the shaft. Staring down the target at the other end of the range, she took careful aim. She drew the string back, adjusted slightly, then released. The arrow flew, true to its target, and buried itself deep in the padding. This had been her last arrow; the shafts all made a simple swirl pattern around the target, starting from the dead-center to the outer edge, each one precisely two inches apart. The years of practice had improved her already impressive ability. She turned to her instructor.
"I fine performance, as usual Jeriah," he told her, placing a hand on her head. She smiled up at him, always delighted to hear him praise her. "Come with me," he then told her, dropping his hand and turning. Curious, she trotted after him, feeling Oranthor's eyes staring at her as she left the range. She was used to it; he was uncomfortable unless he knew exactly where she was and what she was doing. Which always made him uneasy when she went indoors, a place he was unable to follow her.
I'll be fine, she assured him. I can take care of myself. And besides, there is no way any harm can come to me here.
So you think, small one, but to me there is danger everywhere for you. Jeriah let that go as her instructor led her to a worn wooden chest she recognized as his personal arms chest.
"I think it is high time I gave you this. You have deserved it for a long time. Normally we wait until a student is at least twenty years of age, but I think you may be counted as an exception." He unlocked the chest and pulled out a magnificent bow, made with silver fittings and darkly stained oak wood. He handed it to her.
"Sir?" she asked, staring at the elegant tool he had just handed to her. "Are you saying that this is...for me?"
"Yes, Jeriah, it is for you. And it should last you from now to the end of time if you treat it well." Jeriah grinned delightedly and gave her instructor a hug.

Jeriah
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Jeriah&Oranthor Empty Re: Jeriah&Oranthor

Post  Taran Tue May 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Don't really know if I need to "approve" lol. It's good to see some of the old characters Smile

You can post on the older Eragon stuff if you'd like. Or you can post on the newer thread we're doing. I've got Mar and a new character, Drachi, in that one. However, in that one there are no Dragon Riders, so Oranthor would have to change a bit (you could make him some kind of miniature dragon, or some other animal that you can communicate with and such), but you could still use him in one capacity or another.

The magic system on the new thread has been evolving for awhile now; still trying to get some of it cemented. The basics: you can't create something from nothing, only manipulate what is there. There are basic elements: Water, Earth, Energy, Wood, and Air. With water: typical healing stuff, but also the ability to control it in it's various forms (even in a body). Earth: pretty much the same; ability to control it, use it to feel around you, but it also makes the user stronger (though he/she doesn't appear stronger). Energy: it is an extension of the manipulation of fire. Energy is the most developed of the elements that I've got. Energy (heat, fire) can be manipulated to do many things (your imagination is pretty much the limit, so long as you don't make something out of nothing, or anything too strange lol). Some ancient mages discovered that when they were controlling fire, they were really controlling the heat within the flames, and thus they started manipulating the heat within other objects, which led to the realization of Energy (pure Energy = lightning). Wood: trees, growing things. Using wood, the mage can create hidden places out of trees and plants that are only discoverable by the creator. Also, as wood is tied to growing things, it is tied to life (like the healing aspects of water), and thus can be used to help heal or strengthen life (while Energy can be used to destroy or drain, or air can be used to end life easily). Air: the manipulation of the air; flying, pushing, pulling, that kind of stuff. Even being able to lift and hold multiple objects (like swords), as long as you take into account weight and density and general physics. Also, with air, the made can create an "air bubble" that can choke opponents.

That's a kind of long ramble, but it's a basic explanation. The system isn't too complicated. Just keep this in mind: You cannot create anything out of nothing (even wood uses existing trees/plants to create something), you can only manipulate what already exists (and no taking a create and manipulating it into something else; I've had someone try to do that, but that's not in this system).

If you have any questions, just ask Smile
Taran
Taran
Admin

https://pawns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum