Eragon, the saga continues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Color of Evil

Go down

The Color of Evil Empty The Color of Evil

Post  Ardith Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:04 am

The Multiverse is a vast and wonderous place. It is brimming with life and magic. For a long time order was maintained by the mighty planes walkers, but overtime power began to corrupt, and Nikol Bolasattempted to seize ultimate God hood, and thus he initiated the time spiral, an event that would have unwound the Multiverse, giving him infinite power. The PLanes Walkers banded together to stop Bolas, and they were able to sacrifice much of their might to stop Bolas in this ambition. Now Planeswalkers are merely beings that can travel the multiverse. In this gap of power, a new evil was arising. Born of black mana and a now lost technology, Yagmoth, the father of Machines was born on the plane of Phyrexia.

Yagmoth has existed before the time spiral, and he quickly conquered his small plane. Turning all life into Phreyxian life. A strange form of necromancy and artifice. Part machine, and part flesh Phyrexia was an abomination to all life. A short time after the time spiral, Yagmoth made his move. He had constructed ships to travel as a planes walker does, and with them he waged war across the multiverse. Intending to bring all forms of life the glory of Phyrexian Unlife. Planes were lost in the conflict, destroyed by Yagmoth. The Planes walkers united and were able to kill Yagmoth, and bring this war to an end.

It was believed that the Multiverse was free of Phyrexia forever. However on the plane known as Mirrodin a measure of its corruption had survived. Slowly it festered in the heart of Mirrodin and finally it emerged. The Mirrans put up a strong resistance, but it was not enough to stem the tide of New Phyrexia. Phyrexia had left its mark on Mirrodin, and unfortunately Mirrodin had left its mark on Phyrexia. New Phyrexia is not bound to one source of mana, and a new brood of Phyrexians exists for each source of mana and they all pose a threat to the Multiverse greater then ever before.

The most powerful planes in the Multiverse lay in ruin. Dominaria is still recovering from the Time Spiral. Ravinca has been sealed away, of no help to anyone. The Shards of Alara are re-united but the anarchy and destruction wrought on it from Nicol Bolas has left it crippled. Lorwyn has merged with Shadowmoor and its armies are divided. Kamigawa, Rath, Zendikar and others are all laying in their own ruin. So it is left to new planes, and new heroes, to fight New Phyrexia.

One such plane is Levitha. A plane were the people allow the 5 sources to live in relative balance. It is an idyllic plane. Large oceans, diverse plains, ancient forests, tall mountains, and swamps to be envied. it teems with unique creatures and life. As is often the case humanoids are the dominant life, and their capital is the city of Ignotus. 5 towers rise high into the sky, each surrounded by a city in its own right. and atop each a glowing orb of pure mana for each source. And in the middle, the greatest tower of them all, the crown of dreams.

[Character Creation: Pick up to 3 mana sources and then pick 3 powers from them. (if you use 2 mana sources you obviously need powers from both)

Starting out you know 3 abilities. you wont gain many so pick wisely. in addition to colored abilities there are going to be 3 colorless abilities. Creatures, enchanter and fusion. All characters have access to creatures and eventually using dual colored powers but if you choose one of these for ability three you will have greater proficiency. The colorless abilities MUST be chosen now because they represent a life long quest or natural born ability. Mana colors must also be chosen now, and can not be changed later (well... we will see. ^^).

The average player can cast spells, create and sustain one enchantment, use one artifact and summon 2 creatures. They may have one dual colored spell and one dual colored creature summon in their arsenal. These are the only players that can have 3 mana sources

A fusion player may do all that the average type can but can cast fusion spells more often and summon fusion creatures more often. There is no limit to the fusion creatures or spells in their aresenal.

A creature player can do all that an average player can, but can summon 5 creatures. and they are stronger then other creatures. (Colored creature type MAY be chosen as a colored ability. It gives you +1 creature and Lifelink for white, Shroud for blue, fear for black, first strike for red, and trample for green. players who pick colorless creature ability get the bonus abilities as well.)

An enchanter can sustain 2 enchantments at a time and summon 3 creatures.

Remember an average player has more balance because they have more abilities to use. And all power sets need to be ran by me so I can mod them for the Rp world (feel free to give your own suggestions, i will pretty much allow it unless I need to change it. This is just so I can plan and direct the story/make sure things dont get out of hand) The only limit on choice is that your powers have to be allied, and your core power source must be allied with both of the others. So if I picked White/Blue/Black I Could NOT be black or white as my core.

Even a fusion player HAS to have a core power source, it will define a lot of his personality. A fusion player will have characteristics from both colors. (see next post for more details.) and a triple source player will have to make their own characteristics based on the 3.

As it stands only 2 people are signed up, I'll let the Admin decide if he wants this closed or not.

Last edited by Ardith on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Ardith
Ardith
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

The Color of Evil Empty Re: The Color of Evil

Post  Ardith Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 am

ALSO!

On abilities. I want a free form sort of creation here.

BUT your powers have to relate logically to the color you want to represent. I.e. "Molstation" Will not be a valid white magic. (and on that note, i am fairly confidant I don't have to worry, but no Kiddos in any sexual situations in my Rp)

I am going by standard Magic tg

Further on relation. http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/colors.aspx?color=white
Ardith
Ardith
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardith Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 pm

BTW I do promise better writing in the future. It's been a HELL for the last few days and I havn't gotten more then 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night since Thursday.
Ardith
Ardith
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardith Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm

The five gods, and the creation of Ignotus

When Levitha was created it was created with a seam in the center of the plane. A seem where the 5 great leylines connected. These Leylines were the rivers of mana that would spread out across the world. and they are Verus, Vorsutus, Malus, Iratus, and Augmen (listed in mana order. W,U,B,R,G.) On Levitha their are 5 gods, and each has its own faith and interpretation of "Ignotus Relatus" or the story of Ignotus. What they do agree on is that 5 beings came to being before any others on Levitha, each born of one of the 5 rivers. Their names are Bahamut, Havet, Wotan, Pyron, and Vekst. Bahamut and Wotan were like brothers but one day they found they both had fallen in love with Havet, whose beauty was greater even then the sea (to which the blue river quickly flows) at first they decided to compete for her love, but soon they found that it was not enough, and as the days marched on she could not decide between them, and a great war erupted. The God's created many people to fight their war and the twins, Pyron and Vekst were soon entwined in the fighting. After a thousand years Havet convinced the twins to side with her, and they brought the war to a swift and devastating end. Bahamut and Wotan, though beaten, still held great animosity to one another and it is said that they sit each night plotting their vengeance upon each other. However peace was brokered, and the 5 great towers of Ignotus were erected by the Gods themselves as payment to Man for the trials they suffered. Around each tower, cities grew and sensing the unrest that was breeding between the mortals the gods created a new tower, to unify the city.

In the oldest recorded history, Ignotus had peace. But slowly feuds began and wars broke out. Today much has been lost; even the names of the ancient cities has passed into obscurity. This escalated to the point of destruction in the clan war. Which threatened to tear the plane apart. Before ultimate destruction could be unleashed a small band of mages stood up to the great powers and with great effort and trial, brought them to see reason. They were the first grand council and since then Ignotus has declared an end to the old ways, with all scores settled, and debts paid. Peace has not been an easy rode, and various events have threatened the tenuous treaty between the 5 factions.

The 5 cities each have their own ruling bodies, but of cording to Ignotus law, the head of each city must take all lodging at the grand tower. The White City, is constructed of marble and has sweeping palace like architecture. (Think Greeko Roman) The Blue city has very spherical architecture and is constructed of a very corral like material (think semi sci-fi). The Black City has a very skeletal architecture and is made of very dark stone (Isengard). The Red City is constructed of the earth and of stone and its architecture reflects that.(Dwarven Pueblo) The Green City is a huge forested zone. It's like a small town that goes on forever. (Think the Shire....but with HUGE trees everywhere.) Central City (the city surrounding the central tower) Has typical medieval architecture. The spaces in-between still have the remnants of the old wars. Worn highways between tall thick walls with heavy gates and Central city still bares the scars of the old war, but it is quickly healing. All standing military's must contribute 1/3'rd of their recruits to the Central army. The more powerful sectors have been able to bypass this by keeping "Peace Forces" whose purpose is to provide humanitarian aid and protection to the outlying cities and regions. This has kept the balance of power obscured as both the Black and White Cities have armies that could compete with the central army.

You are not millitary or Peace force mages. You have been privately contracted by one of the governing bodies in what you are told is a "Matter of great importance." You have been ferried alone in a carriage with a driver who won't talk to you. and you are meeting in a sector of central that looks mostly abandoned save for beggars and brigands. finally your brought to a stop under a low awning, and instructed to walk through a door and to wait until you are called. After a short time you are called and a female vampire wearing what appears to be a prostitutes outfit calls you. You walk down what looks like a cell line until you get to an empty one. "We are almost ready for you, but we have to wait for some more guests before this can begin." She ignores your questions or attempts to stop her. You look down the line of cells, they are all as dark as your own, so you decide to just wait. After all if this was supposed to be some sort of kidnapping, there are much easier ways to do it. (You can opt to be a member of Central instead.)
Ardith
Ardith
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum